Training/conventions featuring non-introductory Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jeff, Apr 7, 2006.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Hey all,

    I'm looking around to see how best to spend the training monies
    allocated me by my employer for this year, and haven't really ever done
    this sort of thing before. I work primarily with Python (Django, Zope,
    and assorted small apps and scripts) so what would be best is something
    that is primarily or partially concerned with the language we all know
    and love.

    To a lesser extent, anything development or Web related would also work
    (piggyback question, I guess :)). In addition, I'm looking mostly on
    the West Coast of the United States since I have other reasons to
    travel there this year.

    Thus far I've found only one Python-specific course that is not an
    introductory one, namely Wes Chun's advanced Python course in San
    Francisco. As for conventions, there's O'Reilly's OSCON and (to a
    lesser extent) their Lots O' Hype--excuse me, Web 2.0--conference, in
    Portland and SF respectively.

    Before I commit to one of those, I'd like to make sure there's nothing
    else I'm missing out on.

    Thanks for any tips or pointers,
    Jeff
    Jeff, Apr 7, 2006