    looks fairly good, but I am wondering if others have any feedback,
    experiences, or any feneral ideas where I could go to find feedback for
    online programmer training companies.

    Jack Bauer, May 6, 2007

  2. Jack Bauer wrote:
    > I am looking at taking some online courses: HTML, javascript, FrontPage,
    > etc. I came across this training site called mindleaders.com and it
    > looks fairly good, but I am wondering if others have any feedback,
    > experiences, or any feneral ideas where I could go to find feedback for
    > online programmer training companies.

    A good place to start learning html, css, xml is at
    http://www.w3schools.com/

    There are a lot of other editors in the world. Frontpage messes html
    code up. Below you find a list of editors.
    HTML for free:
    jedit : http://www.jedit.org/
    nedit : http://www.nedit.org/
    ewisoft : http://www.ewisoft.com/
    netpadd : http://www.netpadd.com/
    araneae : http://www.ornj.net/software/araneae/
    1st page : http://www.evrsoft.com/
    crimson : http://crimsoneditor.com/
    ezpad : http://www.mmedia.is/ezpad/
    acehtml :
    http://software.visicommedia.com/en/products/acehtmlfreeware/
    notetab light : http://www.notetab.com/
    html-kit : http://www.chami.com/html-kit/
    context : http://www.fixedsys.com/context/
    pspad : http://www.pspad.com/en/index.html
    websmill : http://www.xtreeme.com/websmill/
    metapad : http://www.liquidninja.com/metapad/
    quanta plus (linux) : http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/
    tswebeditor : http://tswebeditor.net.tc/
    notespad : http://www.newbie.net/NotesPad/index.html
    grey matter pro : http://www.pagetutor.com/misc/grey.html
    editpad lite : http://www.editpadlite.com/editpadlite.html
    stones webwrite : http://www.webwriter.dk/english/index.htm
    matizha sublime :
    http://www.dohnews.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&file=index&func=display&ceid=3&meid=4
    nvu : http://www.nvu.com/
    SciTE : http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/SciTE.html
    Notepad++ : http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm
    CSE HTML Validator : http://www.htmlvaildator.com/lite/
    Through the web editor : http://koivi.com/WYSIWYG-Editor/
    Xinha : http://xinha.python-hosting.com/
    FCK editor : http://www.fckeditor.net/
    vim : http://www.vim.org/download.php
    Bluefish (linux) : http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
    Screem (linux) : http://www.screem.org/

    HMTL not for free:
    textpad : http://www.textpad.com/
    notetab : http://www.notetab.com/
    editplus : http://www.editplus.com/
    ultraedit : http://www.idmcomp.com/
    editpad : http://www.editpadpro.com/
    hypertext studio : http://www.olsonsoft.com/
    namo : http://www.namo.com/products/webeditor/
    acehtml pro : http://www.visicommedia.com/acehtml/
    ibm websphere : http://www-3.ibm.com/software/webservers/hpbuilder/
    spider writer : http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Products/SpiderWriter/
    Zues : http://www.zeusedit.com/
    CSE HTML Validator pro : http://www.html.validator.com/

    PHP for free
    phpedit : http://phpedit.org/
    Winsyntax : http://www.dirfile.com/arisesoft_winsyntax.htm
    devphp : http://devphp.sourceforge.net/
    phpcoder : http://www.phpide.com/programs.php
    Davor's PHP Editor : http://www.pleskina.com/dphped/main.php
    php designer : http://www.mpsoftware.dk/

    PHP not for free:
    phped : http://www.nusphere.com/products/
    top php studio : http://www.top-systems.net/
    dzsoft php editor : http://www.dzsoft.com/dzphp.htm
    Expert Editor : http://www.ankord.com/phpxedit.html
    komodo : http://www.activestate.com/Products/Komodo/
    maguma studio/workbench : http://www.maguma.com/

    PHP comming soon:
    HydraPHP : http://www.coldmind.com/

    XML for free:
    xmlpro2 : http://www.vervet.com/
    cooktop : http://www.xmlcooktop.com/
    xray : http://architag.com/xray/
    peters xml eiditor : http://www.iol.ie/~pxe/
    morphon : http://www.morphon.com/xmleditor/index.shtml

    XML not for free:
    xopus : http://xopus.com/
    editml : http://www.editml.com/
    xmlwriter : http://www.xmlwriter.net/
    oxygen pro : http://www.oxygenxml.com/
    blueprint : http://www.xmlblueprint.com/
    xmlspy : http://www.xmlspy.com/products_ide.html
    turboxml :
    http://www.tibco.com/software/business_integration/turboxml.jsp

    XML for free and not free
    xmlmind : http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/

    Application to remove words tag in a html created with words
    docscrubber : http://www.docscrubber.com/
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site

    Edwin van der Vaart, May 6, 2007

  3. Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    > Jack Bauer wrote:
    >> I am looking at taking some online courses: HTML, javascript,
    >> FrontPage, etc. I came across this training site called
    >> mindleaders.com and it looks fairly good, but I am wondering if others
    >> have any feedback, experiences, or any feneral ideas where I could go
    >> to find feedback for online programmer training companies.

    > A good place to start learning html, css, xml is at
    > http://www.w3schools.com/

    w3schools' info is peppered with errors, better more accurate info and
    tutorials are at www.htmldog.com

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, May 6, 2007
  4. Jack Bauer

    J.O. Aho Guest

    Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    > Jack Bauer wrote:
    >> I am looking at taking some online courses: HTML, javascript,
    >> FrontPage, etc. I came across this training site called
    >> mindleaders.com and it looks fairly good, but I am wondering if others
    >> have any feedback, experiences, or any feneral ideas where I could go
    >> to find feedback for online programmer training companies.

    > A good place to start learning html, css, xml is at
    > http://www.w3schools.com/
    >
    > There are a lot of other editors in the world. Frontpage messes html
    > code up. Below you find a list of editors.
    > HTML for free:

    You missed emacs, but then you get so much more than just html/php/css
    with it, that it can be too powerful for some people

    http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

    --

    //Aho

    J.O. Aho, May 6, 2007
  5. J.O. Aho wrote:
    > Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >> Jack Bauer wrote:
    >>> I am looking at taking some online courses: HTML, javascript,
    >>> FrontPage, etc. I came across this training site called
    >>> mindleaders.com and it looks fairly good, but I am wondering if others
    >>> have any feedback, experiences, or any feneral ideas where I could go
    >>> to find feedback for online programmer training companies.

    >> A good place to start learning html, css, xml is at
    >> http://www.w3schools.com/
    >>
    >> There are a lot of other editors in the world. Frontpage messes html
    >> code up. Below you find a list of editors.
    >> HTML for free:

    > You missed emacs, but then you get so much more than just html/php/css
    > with it, that it can be too powerful for some people
    >
    > http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

    I know I missed emacs, because emacs is standard available for Linux and
    didn't realize that emacs also available is for Windows.

    Edwin van der Vaart, May 6, 2007
  6. Jack Bauer

    J.O. Aho Guest

    Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    > J.O. Aho wrote:
    >> Edwin van der Vaart wrote:

    >>> There are a lot of other editors in the world. Frontpage messes html
    >>> code up. Below you find a list of editors.
    >>> HTML for free:

    >> You missed emacs, but then you get so much more than just html/php/css
    >> with it, that it can be too powerful for some people
    >> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

    > I know I missed emacs, because emacs is standard available for Linux and
    > didn't realize that emacs also available is for Windows.

    In these days when people do emigrate to new operating systems, even if it's
    not as much as in the 80's, it's good to list those options that are available
    for more than one operating system, so that people don't have to ask the same
    question when they have bought their super cool Mac or replaced the spyware
    infested thing with something new or gone back to what they used before. :)

    --

    //Aho

    J.O. Aho, May 6, 2007
  7. Jack Bauer

    Jack Bauer Guest

    Jack Bauer wrote:
    > I am looking at taking some online courses: HTML, javascript, FrontPage,
    > etc. I came across this training site called mindleaders.com and it
    > looks fairly good, but I am wondering if others have any feedback,
    > experiences, or any feneral ideas where I could go to find feedback for
    > online programmer training companies.

    I want to thank you guys for all the great references provided in the

    MindLeaders (aka coursesonline.com, http://www.mindleaders.com), I am
    sure, is far from perfect, but they do have an incredible variety of
    technologies that you can learn online, not just HTML. In fact, for
    $250, you can take as many as 292 online web development courses (825
    hours) over the period of 12 months.

    They have partnered with some state universities and adult education
    programs. I want to stop before I sound I like am spamming here (!), but
    if anyone has any heard anything about them, I would like to hear from you.

    Jack Bauer, May 7, 2007