training question

Jack Bauer

I am looking at taking some online courses: HTML, javascript, FrontPage,
etc. I came across this training site called mindleaders.com and it
looks fairly good, but I am wondering if others have any feedback,
experiences, or any feneral ideas where I could go to find feedback for
online programmer training companies.

Edwin van der Vaart

Jack said:
I am looking at taking some online courses: HTML, javascript, FrontPage,
etc. I came across this training site called mindleaders.com and it
looks fairly good, but I am wondering if others have any feedback,
experiences, or any feneral ideas where I could go to find feedback for
online programmer training companies.
A good place to start learning html, css, xml is at
http://www.w3schools.com/

There are a lot of other editors in the world. Frontpage messes html
code up. Below you find a list of editors.
HTML for free:
jedit : http://www.jedit.org/
nedit : http://www.nedit.org/
ewisoft : http://www.ewisoft.com/
netpadd : http://www.netpadd.com/
araneae : http://www.ornj.net/software/araneae/
1st page : http://www.evrsoft.com/
crimson : http://crimsoneditor.com/
ezpad : http://www.mmedia.is/ezpad/
acehtml :
http://software.visicommedia.com/en/products/acehtmlfreeware/
notetab light : http://www.notetab.com/
html-kit : http://www.chami.com/html-kit/
context : http://www.fixedsys.com/context/
pspad : http://www.pspad.com/en/index.html
websmill : http://www.xtreeme.com/websmill/
metapad : http://www.liquidninja.com/metapad/
quanta plus (linux) : http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/
tswebeditor : http://tswebeditor.net.tc/
notespad : http://www.newbie.net/NotesPad/index.html
grey matter pro : http://www.pagetutor.com/misc/grey.html
editpad lite : http://www.editpadlite.com/editpadlite.html
stones webwrite : http://www.webwriter.dk/english/index.htm
matizha sublime :
http://www.dohnews.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&file=index&func=display&ceid=3&meid=4
nvu : http://www.nvu.com/
SciTE : http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/SciTE.html
Notepad++ : http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm
CSE HTML Validator : http://www.htmlvaildator.com/lite/
Through the web editor : http://koivi.com/WYSIWYG-Editor/
Xinha : http://xinha.python-hosting.com/
FCK editor : http://www.fckeditor.net/
vim : http://www.vim.org/download.php
Bluefish (linux) : http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
Screem (linux) : http://www.screem.org/

HMTL not for free:
textpad : http://www.textpad.com/
notetab : http://www.notetab.com/
editplus : http://www.editplus.com/
ultraedit : http://www.idmcomp.com/
editpad : http://www.editpadpro.com/
hypertext studio : http://www.olsonsoft.com/
namo : http://www.namo.com/products/webeditor/
acehtml pro : http://www.visicommedia.com/acehtml/
ibm websphere : http://www-3.ibm.com/software/webservers/hpbuilder/
spider writer : http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Products/SpiderWriter/
Zues : http://www.zeusedit.com/
CSE HTML Validator pro : http://www.html.validator.com/

PHP for free
phpedit : http://phpedit.org/
Winsyntax : http://www.dirfile.com/arisesoft_winsyntax.htm
devphp : http://devphp.sourceforge.net/
phpcoder : http://www.phpide.com/programs.php
Davor's PHP Editor : http://www.pleskina.com/dphped/main.php
php designer : http://www.mpsoftware.dk/

PHP not for free:
phped : http://www.nusphere.com/products/
top php studio : http://www.top-systems.net/
dzsoft php editor : http://www.dzsoft.com/dzphp.htm
Expert Editor : http://www.ankord.com/phpxedit.html
komodo : http://www.activestate.com/Products/Komodo/
maguma studio/workbench : http://www.maguma.com/

PHP comming soon:
HydraPHP : http://www.coldmind.com/

XML for free:
xmlpro2 : http://www.vervet.com/
cooktop : http://www.xmlcooktop.com/
xray : http://architag.com/xray/
peters xml eiditor : http://www.iol.ie/~pxe/
morphon : http://www.morphon.com/xmleditor/index.shtml

XML not for free:
xopus : http://xopus.com/
editml : http://www.editml.com/
xmlwriter : http://www.xmlwriter.net/
oxygen pro : http://www.oxygenxml.com/
blueprint : http://www.xmlblueprint.com/
xmlspy : http://www.xmlspy.com/products_ide.html
turboxml :
http://www.tibco.com/software/business_integration/turboxml.jsp

XML for free and not free
xmlmind : http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/

Application to remove words tag in a html created with words
docscrubber : http://www.docscrubber.com/
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site

Edwin van der Vaart

J.O. Aho said:
You missed emacs, but then you get so much more than just html/php/css
with it, that it can be too powerful for some people

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/
I know I missed emacs, because emacs is standard available for Linux and
didn't realize that emacs also available is for Windows.
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site
24help.info, issociate.de and software-help1.org to duplicate this post.

J.O. Aho

Edwin said:
I know I missed emacs, because emacs is standard available for Linux and
didn't realize that emacs also available is for Windows.

In these days when people do emigrate to new operating systems, even if it's
not as much as in the 80's, it's good to list those options that are available
for more than one operating system, so that people don't have to ask the same
question when they have bought their super cool Mac or replaced the spyware
infested thing with something new or gone back to what they used before. :)

Jack Bauer

Jack said:
I am looking at taking some online courses: HTML, javascript, FrontPage,
etc. I came across this training site called mindleaders.com and it
looks fairly good, but I am wondering if others have any feedback,
experiences, or any feneral ideas where I could go to find feedback for
online programmer training companies.

I want to thank you guys for all the great references provided in the

MindLeaders (aka coursesonline.com, http://www.mindleaders.com), I am
sure, is far from perfect, but they do have an incredible variety of
technologies that you can learn online, not just HTML. In fact, for
$250, you can take as many as 292 online web development courses (825
hours) over the period of 12 months.

They have partnered with some state universities and adult education
programs. I want to stop before I sound I like am spamming here (!), but
if anyone has any heard anything about them, I would like to hear from you.