trainning

Andrew Thompson

i want to get expert in swing which best book i should follow

(See Alex' advice on using '?' Further tips
are - to always have the word 'I' as Upper Case,
as well as the first word of any sentence.)

OK, firstly, it is important to understand
that to learn Swing, you will still need a
good understanding of a lot of the AWT, which
includes most layouts, events, custom painting,
Drag'n'Drop (and much more..).

Books will often mention Swing in the title,
but also cover most of those parts of the AWT.
Check the book does cover (at least) those
parts of the AWT mentioned.

Secondly, there is the very highly recommended
'Java Tutorial' direct from Sun - comprehensive,
and *free*. It can be viewed online, or you
can download it for local browsing.

Third, if you really prefer books (as some
people do) I recommend this site for reviews
of books.
http://www.techbookreport.com/JavaIndex.html
Pan (TechBookReport) gives enough details so you
can usually decide if a book is good for you.

Lastly, it helps, when asking for help, to
give a 'meaningful subject line' to a post
(a message to the group). For this one,
I might recommend something like 'Books
on Swing', which gives a lot better detail
that 'training'.

HTH

Andrew T.

TechBookReport

Andrew said:
[...]

Thanks for the mention, Andrew. I'd follow up by saying that the Sun
Java tutorial (or other single volume introductory Java book), with
something like Swing Hacks (http://www.techbookreport.com/tbr0185.html).
It's written by real experts in the field, and is structured around
concrete examples with sample code for download and review.

Pan