    confirmation.asp field would be the right approach or there be any better way
    to resolve this. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

    Jack, Dec 22, 2004

  2. > However, there is a field in the form which is calculated field e.g.
    > NetOutlay = .90 * txtTotalOutlay. This NetOutlay is thus not a text field.

    What is it then?

    Ray at work

    "Jack" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I got a asp form page where the POST ACTION = confirmation.asp page is

    used
    > to save the values collected from text boxes from the form in a database.
    > For example txtTotalOutlay field is being used in confirmation.asp page to
    > update a database field.
    >
    > However, there is a field in the form which is calculated field e.g.
    > NetOutlay = .90 * txtTotalOutlay. This NetOutlay is thus not a text field.
    > However, in the confirmation field I need to bring the contents of

    NetOutlay

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Dec 22, 2004

  3. Jack

    Evertjan. Guest

    Ray Costanzo [MVP] wrote on 22 dec 2004 in

    >> However, there is a field in the form which is calculated field e.g.
    >> NetOutlay = .90 * txtTotalOutlay. This NetOutlay is thus not a text
    >> field.

    > What is it then?

    an error ?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Dec 22, 2004
  4. Jack

    Jack Guest

    The value of netoutlay field is not captured from the user. Rather it is a
    calulated field by using the value from txtTotalOutlay. Hope I was clear
    enough here. Thanks.

    Jack, Dec 22, 2004
  5. Okay, but in what type of element does it exist? <input, <legend, <span,
    <textarea, etc.?

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Dec 22, 2004

    Ray Costanzo [MVP] wrote:
    > Okay, but in what type of element does it exist? <input, <legend,

    IOW, the value has to be stored in an html element whose name attribute has
    been set in order for it to be passed to the ACTION page. You can put in in
    an INPUT element of type "hidden"

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 22, 2004
  7. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Actually, in the main form there are about eitht text fields where the user
    inputs values. Based on the values, some calculated fields are displayed on
    the form. Hence
    NetTotalOutlay can be termed as a variable that stores values by the use of
    text field input value. The variable is used to display the NetToalOutlay.
    Thus, it is neither of the above.
    Thus the above variable need to be used in the confirmation.asp field to
    update
    one of the table fields.
    The Hope this helps. Thanks Ray.

    Jack, Dec 22, 2004
  8. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Thanks for the help Bob. Here is a quick question. Does it make any sense if
    I try to put the variable(Netoutlay) in a session vairable and try to use it
    in the confirmation.asp form? Conceptually, does it make any sense? Thanks
    PS: Do you have any link for hidden INPUT element example?

    Jack, Dec 22, 2004
  9. Jack wrote:
    > Thanks for the help Bob. Here is a quick question. Does it make any
    > sense if I try to put the variable(Netoutlay) in a session vairable
    > and try to use it in the confirmation.asp form?

    If it's being calculated server-side, then there is no reason not to use a
    session variable

    > Conceptually, does it
    > make any sense? Thanks PS: Do you have any link for hidden INPUT
    > element example?

    Do a search at msdn.microsoft.com/library for "input element". All the
    documentation can be found there.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 22, 2004
  10. Jack

    Scott McNair Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=" <> wrote in

    > Any help is appreciated.

    On the client:

    <%MySecretValue = 12345%>

    <form method=post action="xxx.asp">
    <input type=text name=UserName><br>
    <input type=text name=PhoneNo><br>
    <input type=hidden name=SecretValue value='<%=MySecretValue%>'>
    </form>

    On the server:

    UserName = Request.Form("UserName")
    PhoneNo = Request.Form("PhoneNo")
    SecretValue = Request.Form("SecretValue")

    Scott McNair, Dec 23, 2004