Tranparency

Robert Frost-Bridges

GIMP 2 has *vastly* improved its UI over GIMP 1. Actually, everything has
been improved in GIMP2. (not sure which version you are using)

And once again, GIMP 2.2 has added many imporvements over 2.0

What happened to the redeye removal article? Did you take it down or have
you not put it up yet?

JDS

What happened to the redeye removal article? Did you take it down or have
you not put it up yet?

You mean my article? Its funny that you ask -- I was looking at that
mention of it the other day, and I realized I said, "coming soon", but now
I have completely forgotten what technique I used! Argh! I am pretty
pissed at myself because I remember it taking a lot of trial and error to
get what I wanted and now it is gone. forgotten!

Oh, well.

dorayme

From: Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme

Such as?

I know IE doesn't support alpha transparency in PNGs, but GIFs don't
support alpha transparency anyway, so you haven't lost anything there.

You are right, I have no special knowledge here. I was just
alluding to the limitations of IE re alpha and the
disappointment it could cause to someone who might not know
about this issue and I knew others would explain it... With gif
you can't so easily overshoot, with png you can because it has
the potential for the richer and sophisticated type of
transparency.

Robert Frost-Bridges

You mean my article? Its funny that you ask -- I was looking at that
mention of it the other day, and I realized I said, "coming soon", but now
I have completely forgotten what technique I used! Argh! I am pretty
pissed at myself because I remember it taking a lot of trial and error to
get what I wanted and now it is gone. forgotten!

Exactly what happened to me when a friend asked me how I got my samba
network up and running. Lot's of trial and error and all forgotten.
Oh, well.

Never mind. It's just that we're not exactly professional photographers in
our house. I play around with the Gimp but as you say all the methods
people put up seem to be so complicated so I was just intrigued.

Never mind.

Robert Frost-Bridges

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 03:55:55 +0000, Robert Frost-Bridges wrote:

[...]

Can't seem to get Pan to add my sig either, it worked in abg.test

regards,

Alan J. Flavell

I've always found it difficult to find things in The GIMP,

You can always build your own custom toolbar. Me, I'd *still*
probably forget where I put the desired function, even when I'd
designed the toolbar myself - but maybe you're better at such things
;-)

cheers