    when we dont commit in oracle wat happens whether it wil fetch
    previous record
    , Mar 28, 2007

    On Mar 28, 9:38 am, "" <> wrote:
    > when we dont commit in oracle wat happens whether it wil fetch
    > previous record

    This is comp.lang.*java*.programmer. You may be better off asking
    this OT question in an Oracle newsgroup.

    However, if by fetch you mean SELECT after a modification using UPDATE/
    DELETE/INSERT, but prior to COMMIT, the subsequent SELECT will return
    the modified record *as long as you are within the same session/
    transaction*. All other sessions/transactions will show the
    unmodified records (or block) until the COMMIT occurs.
    , Mar 28, 2007

  3. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    > On Mar 28, 9:38 am, "" <> wrote:
    >> when we dont commit in oracle wat happens whether it wil fetch
    >> previous record

    > This is comp.lang.*java*.programmer. You may be better off asking
    > this OT question in an Oracle newsgroup.
    >
    > However, if by fetch you mean SELECT after a modification using UPDATE/
    > DELETE/INSERT, but prior to COMMIT, the subsequent SELECT will return
    > the modified record *as long as you are within the same session/
    > transaction*. All other sessions/transactions will show the
    > unmodified records (or block) until the COMMIT occurs.

    It can actually get more complicated depending on how concurrent accesses
    interleave with COMMITs. The bottom line is the same though: until transaction
    "A" commits then transaction "B" cannot (reliably) see the results.

    The complications arise from the interactions between, say, DELETEs and
    INSERTs, and from effects of the four different levels of transaction isolation.

    -- Lew
    Lew, Mar 28, 2007