    Is there any way by which I can display the records generated by
    www.abc.com/SearchResult.asp in www.xyz.com/ShowData.asp....
    , Mar 22, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Assume that there's a website named www.abc.com. There are 2 ASP files
    > & one MS-Access database file in this site. The 1st ASP file is named
    > "SearchForm.asp" & the 2nd ASP file is named "SearchResult.asp".
    > "SearchForm.asp" houses a Form with a select list & 2 TextBoxes. The
    > select list is populated from a MS-Access database table.
    >
    > When the Form is submitted, the user is taken to "SearchResult.asp"
    > which retrieves & displays the records that match the criteria that
    > the user selected in the select list & the text they entered in the 2
    > TextBoxes in "SearchForm.asp".
    >
    > Now the records that "SearchResult.asp" retrieves & displays - I want
    > to display these records in a ASP file named "ShowData.asp" which
    > exists in another website named www.xyz.com.
    >
    > Is there any way by which I can display the records generated by
    > www.abc.com/SearchResult.asp in www.xyz.com/ShowData.asp....

    Sure. Submit them via hidden fields in a form on SearchResult.asp or
    pass them via the querystring.
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Mar 22, 2007

    On Mar 22, 5:54 pm, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <>
    wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Assume that there's a website namedwww.abc.com. There are 2 ASP files
    > > & one MS-Access database file in this site. The 1st ASP file is named
    > > "SearchForm.asp" & the 2nd ASP file is named "SearchResult.asp".
    > > "SearchForm.asp" houses a Form with a select list & 2 TextBoxes. The
    > > select list is populated from a MS-Access database table.

    > > When the Form is submitted, the user is taken to "SearchResult.asp"
    > > which retrieves & displays the records that match the criteria that
    > > the user selected in the select list & the text they entered in the 2
    > > TextBoxes in "SearchForm.asp".

    > > Now the records that "SearchResult.asp" retrieves & displays - I want
    > > to display these records in a ASP file named "ShowData.asp" which
    > > exists in another website namedwww.xyz.com.

    > > Is there any way by which I can display the records generated by
    > >www.abc.com/SearchResult.aspinwww.xyz.com/ShowData.asp....

    > Sure. Submit them via hidden fields in a form on SearchResult.asp or
    > pass them via the querystring.
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    > quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.- Hide quoted text -

    Bob, what if the "SearchResult.asp" page retrieves, say, 200 records &
    I need to paginate the records, say, 10 records at a time & then
    display those records in www.xyz.com/ShowData.asp?

    How do I submit so much data from www.abc.com/ShowResult.asp to
    www.xyz.com/ShowData.asp using hidden fields or querystrings?
    , Mar 22, 2007
  4. wrote:
    >>> Is there any way by which I can display the records generated by
    >>> www.abc.com/SearchResult.aspinwww.xyz.com/ShowData.asp....

    >> Sure. Submit them via hidden fields in a form on SearchResult.asp or
    >> pass them via the querystring.

    > Bob, what if the "SearchResult.asp" page retrieves, say, 200 records &
    > I need to paginate the records, say, 10 records at a time & then
    > display those records in www.xyz.com/ShowData.asp?
    >
    > How do I submit so much data from www.abc.com/ShowResult.asp to
    > www.xyz.com/ShowData.asp using hidden fields or querystrings?

    You can use an xml string. Or you can pass whatever parameters that
    Showdata.asp needs to retrieve the data from the database.
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Mar 22, 2007