Transfer of variable between webapps....

aure_bobo

Hi all,

I'm currently developing a system with several webapps in ASP.NET/C#.

One of my website is used to login user : I will call this website
Webapp1.

Depending on the user attributes, I will send the user to an another
website (let's Webapp2 in my example), where I would like to login
automatically the user with the credentials entered in WebApp1.

I've tried the following code from Webapp1 :
Server.Transfer("URLofWebApp2");

But an error occured :
System.ArgumentException: Invalid path for child request
'URLofWebApp2'. A virtual path is expected. at
System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(String path, TextWriter
writer, Boolean preserveForm) at
System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Transfer(String path, Boolean
preserveForm) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Transfer(String path) at
WebInterface_aur.Login.LoginButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
y:\login.aspx.cs:line 116

It seams that Server.Transfer cannot be used between different
websites.

I don't want to pass the variables (credentials) by using the following
way for security aspect:
Response.Redirect("?URLofWebApp2name=" + UserName.Text + "+password=" +
Password.Text + "+domain=" + Domain.Text);

Anyone have an idea to solve this problem ?
Thank you
Auré