transfering files from one server to another through internet (ftp)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Patrick Steele [MVP], Jun 16, 2004.

  1. In article <caq8ne$pl$>,
    says...
    > Does someone knows a easy way how to acomplsih the folowing
    >
    > i made a online catalogue with order basket
    >
    > the orders that i store in my database should be submitted to a other
    > webserver elsewhere on the web by ftp ( webservice is not an option because
    > the other party is not so smart :-( )
    > they want this order received on there ftp site so how can i access a ftp
    > server from my VB code to write a order file ???

    The current version of .NET does not have any built-in FTP class. See
    below for some solutions:

    VB.NET
    http://www.allapi.net/classlib/class.php?id=23
    http://www.allapi.net/classlib/class.php?id=10

    C#
    http://www.enterprisedt.com/downloads/csftp/csftp.html
    http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/dotnetftp.asp
    http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive9.html
    http://www.aspalliance.com/shark/articles/FtpView/FtpViewDoc.aspx

    Commercial
    http://www.abderaware.com/ (FTP.NET)
    http://www.devpower.com/net/

    --
    Patrick Steele
    Microsoft .NET MVP
    Patrick Steele [MVP], Jun 16, 2004

  2. Patrick Steele [MVP]

    Guest

    I use the rebex.net controls and they work excellent. Their support
    was also great. The sell you the source code too.

    http://www.rebex.net

    -Adam
    , Jun 16, 2004

  3. Patrick Steele [MVP]

    Morgan Guest

    The Delphi version of the Indy controls are being ported to Delphi.Net,
    which includes FTP Server/Client, MAPI, POP3 etc.
    http://www.indyproject.org/download/DotNet.html

    Morgan, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Here's some FTP code you should be able to use:
    http://www.mentalis.org/classlib/index.php?category=Internet & Networks
    http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/dotnetftp.asp

    --
    I hope this helps,