Transfering from one page to another?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by martin weinberger, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. I have an HTML page that I wish to relocate but still keep the original
    page. What is the HTML code that I have to add (and where) that I can tell
    the browser to automatically transfer control to another webpage.

    For instance, a user types in:

    http://www.mywebsite.com/MyFirstProjectPage.htm

    That page should redirect to another page, which opens up. Thus, the user
    would see

    http://www.mywebsite.com/Projects/MyFirst/Home.htm

    What could would I insert. Assume that I create a blank HTML page for the
    first.

    Thanks in advance,

    --
    Martin A. Weinberger
    ButterflyVista

    martin weinberger, Feb 5, 2004

  2. martin weinberger

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 15:50:58 -0800, "martin weinberger"
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > I have an HTML page that I wish to relocate but still keep the original
    > page. What is the HTML code that I have to add (and where) that I can tell
    > the browser to automatically transfer control to another webpage.

    The correct way to do this is on the server, not in HTML. For example,
    if your server is Apache, enter the following in your .htaccess file:

    Redirect Permanent page1.htm http://www.example.com/page2.htm

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Feb 5, 2004

  3. martin weinberger

    Duende Guest

    Duende, Feb 6, 2004
  4. martin weinberger

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <Xns9486B42BC514Fxxxspamwipkipbiz@130.133.1.4>,
    says...
    > While sitting in a puddle Mark Parnell scribbled in the mud:
    >
    > > Redirect Permanent page1.htm http://www.example.com/page2.htm

    > 404 :)

    That must be where he wanted to re-direct you to
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Feb 6, 2004