Transfers to the client an amount of the expected result

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by alexey, Apr 2, 2004.

  1. alexey

    alexey Guest

    Regard!!!

    So the question of Transfers to the client an amount of the expected result of functioning WebService (value must be considered on Server side and on the client its has to be seen before that datas will go... ).

    I from here try put amount (in bytes) of the message in SoapHeader, which sends by Web service to the client...

    On how much I has understood I can get it this way (or I'm wrong: )

    public override Stream ChainStream( Stream stream )

    {

    siz = stream.Length;

    return newStream;

    }

    Here is but afterwards ÔÏ. ÛÏ has got (if has got :cool:) ) úÁÐÉÈÉ×ÁÀ in SoapHeader ×ÏÔÔÁË

    public override void ProcessMessage(SoapMessage message)

    {

    if (message.Stage == SoapMessageStage.èèèè)

    {

    ((SizeHeader)message.Headers[0]).size=siz;

    So the question is:

    What must be is èèèè ??? ????

    a.. If BeforeSerialize, then - not understandable what happens if I somehow shall else work with stream after serialisation (well for example compress by ZIP and this is the end - an size NOT CORRECT 8-((( )
    b.. If AfterSerialize, then before SoapHeader already does not accessible ... 8-(( It already as it were packed... Here is...

    Help please... Or prompt other way

    alexey, Apr 2, 2004

  2. alexey

    alexey Guest

    Ok.. If there is no answers maybe I'm asked not understandable question:
    I'll tray to change my question
    1) Is it possible to change value of SoapHeader after serialisation?
    2) Is it possible to determinate size (in bytes) of the message which will be transferred to the client of Web Service before serialisation?
    3) What can I use except SoapHeader, to transfer some integer to push it to the client of my Web Service, before response of WebMetod starts transfer (prefer not other WebMetod)

    Best regards:

    alexey, Apr 2, 2004