Transitions and Frames?

Vince Morgan

Hi All,
I've been playing with page transitions and found that I can't
get them to work on pages within frames.
Searching on the subject didn't turn up anything. Do transitions work on
pages that are within frames?
TIA,
Vince Morgan

dorayme

"Vince Morgan said:
Hi All,
I've been playing with page transitions and found that I can't
get them to work on pages within frames.
Searching on the subject didn't turn up anything. Do transitions work on
pages that are within frames?

What is a page transition?

Vince Morgan

dorayme said:
What is a page transition?
content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">
content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">

I've noticed a couple of sites appearing here and there with the above, or
similar, and wanted to test it out.
Well, my test revealed that I have no idea what I'm doing. I've applied the
above in <head> of a few pages and nothing happens for me. And yet, when I
load a site that uses the same, the pages trasition as they should.
I thought there could be an issue with frames, but further testing shows
it's not working for me on pages without frames.
Thank you for asking Dorayme :)
Vince Morgan

Andrew Bailey

Vince Morgan said:
dorayme said:
What is a page transition?
content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">
content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">

I've noticed a couple of sites appearing here and there with the above, or
similar, and wanted to test it out.
Well, my test revealed that I have no idea what I'm doing. I've applied
the
above in <head> of a few pages and nothing happens for me. And yet, when
load a site that uses the same, the pages trasition as they should.
I thought there could be an issue with frames, but further testing shows
it's not working for me on pages without frames.
Thank you for asking Dorayme :)
Vince Morgan

Hi Vince,

My site uses frames and transitions so I compared my code with yours. The
only difference is that I don't use the decimal point for the duration (eg
Duration=3).

See if that does the trick.

Andy

dorayme

What is a page transition?
content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">
content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">
[/QUOTE]
My site uses frames and transitions so I compared my code with yours. The
only difference is that I don't use the decimal point for the duration (eg
Duration=3).

Either of you have a url so we can see something in action...
oooeee, I do like the sound of "transitions"... sounds graceful!

Bergamot

dorayme said:
Either of you have a url so we can see something in action...
oooeee, I do like the sound of "transitions"... sounds graceful!

Thankfully, transitions are an IE-only feature, and one IE users can
disable if they know where to find the setting.

dorayme

Bergamot said:
Thankfully, transitions are an IE-only feature, and one IE users can
disable if they know where to find the setting.

ah.... well, I'm unlikely to see it, for now... some multimedia
effect I suppose...

Vince Morgan

Andrew Bailey said:
Hi Vince,

My site uses frames and transitions so I compared my code with yours. The
only difference is that I don't use the decimal point for the duration (eg
Duration=3).

See if that does the trick.

Andy
Thanks for the reply Andy,
I tried that too, but it didn't
work unfortunately. What is realy weird is that I opened a page with
transitions that works fine on my machine, copied the source and opened
that, and it still didn't work.
I'm sure it's just something idiotic on my part, which I'll hopefully
discover tomorrow.
Thank you again,
Vince

Vince Morgan

Vince Morgan said:
content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">
content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">

I've noticed a couple of sites appearing here and there with the above, or
similar, and wanted to test it out.
Well, my test revealed that I have no idea what I'm doing. I've applied the
above in <head> of a few pages and nothing happens for me. And yet, when I
load a site that uses the same, the pages trasition as they should.
I thought there could be an issue with frames, but further testing shows
it's not working for me on pages without frames.
Thank you for asking Dorayme :)
Vince Morgan
I didn't realize at first that it was IE specific, but I would like to use
them even if they don't work on all browsers. The tags don't carry much
weight and I imagine they are ignored gracefully by other browsers.
However, where they do work it's quite a practical way to make a smooth
transition from page to page.
Thank you all,
Vince

Vince Morgan

Vince Morgan said:
Hi All,
I've been playing with page transitions and found that I can't
get them to work on pages within frames.
Searching on the subject didn't turn up anything. Do transitions work on
pages that are within frames?
TIA,
Vince Morgan

I forgot to mention that the meta tags are all that's required for
transitions to work. Well, that's the theory, and it seems to work for
everyone but me :)
Vince

Andrew Bailey

dorayme said:
ah.... well, I'm unlikely to see it, for now... some multimedia
effect I suppose...

Hi Dorayme,

Here is a link to my site so you can see transitions working. I use a fade
transition between my loading screen and the home page and a box-out
transition when visiting the "Why Us?" page....

http://www.microbuild.com

Andy

Jonathan N. Little

Andrew said:
Hi Dorayme,

Here is a link to my site so you can see transitions working. I use a fade
transition between my loading screen and the home page and a box-out
transition when visiting the "Why Us?" page....

No *dorayme* will not

dorayme

"Jonathan N. Little said:
No *dorayme* will not

Thank you J :)

(btw, someone gave me a rather nice PC that has your 2000. Works
nicely. It has better support for USB (reason I wanted it - to
slip a stick in with websites and not be restarting every 5 min
as on the old (now disembowelled) win98 box.

But I notice the new has a few of the same frustrating features
as both my old and my daughters XPbox, eg. the number pad never
works (even does peculiar things like moving the cursor). On a
Mac, the right hand side number pad is not for show, it really
does things (like produce numbers)

Bergamot

dorayme said:
But I notice the new has a few of the same frustrating features
as both my old and my daughters XPbox, eg. the number pad never
works (even does peculiar things like moving the cursor).

Perhaps you haven't notice that key labeled "Num Lock". ;)

dorayme

Bergamot said:
Perhaps you haven't notice that key labeled "Num Lock". ;)

I knew it would be something simple! OK I will check it out next
time I fire up.

[Why would anyone want to lock a number pad... as distinct from
any other set of keys? Please don't answer this. It might dawn on
me. What a delicious puzzle! I could take to this type of lock,
just as there are Silly Walks, there could be Silly Keyboards
(space bar locked... why hell even sillier: no spacebar at all)

At the moment I can't go on about this because I am busy with
trying to find out why a mailto on a webpage of mine in a footer
is behaving oddly re font-size, there is something peculiar about
mailto links and font-sizes and inheritance in different browsers
that I do not understand. Fancy something like this holding up
the launching of a new home page...]

Chris F.A. Johnson

[Why would anyone want to lock a number pad...

Why would anyone want a number pad at all (Don't answer that; I do
know the reasons, but they don't apply to me. Perhaps if it were on
the other side of the keyboard....)

For me, the number pad is just another set of keys that I can
program to do whatever I want. I have the number keys set to switch
between desktops and window manipulation (to back, to front,
select).
as distinct from any other set of keys?

The keypad duplicates other keys.
Please don't answer this.

Too late. ;)
It might dawn on me. What a delicious puzzle! I could take to this
type of lock, just as there are Silly Walks, there could be Silly
Keyboards (space bar locked... why hell even sillier: no spacebar at
all)

<http://gadgets.fosfor.se/the-top-10-weirdest-keyboards-ever/>

patrick j

On a Mac, the right hand side number pad is not for show, it really
does things (like produce numbers)

But real Mac people *never* use those keys because we were all brought
up on keyboards which didn't have them.

I've just started looking at them now and there's all kinds of strange
things there. There's one with a rectangle and an X through it. It
looks like a "battery is dead" symbol.

dorayme

"Chris F.A. Johnson said:
[Why would anyone want to lock a number pad...

Why would anyone want a number pad at all (Don't answer that; I do
know the reasons, but they don't apply to me. Perhaps if it were on
the other side of the keyboard....)

I told you not to give me clues.
For me, the number pad is just another set of keys that I can
program to do whatever I want. I have the number keys set to switch
between desktops and window manipulation (to back, to front,
select).

The keypad duplicates other keys.

Which is why I did not attend to the matter. I don't mean to be
mean, but I almost have a phobia about Windows and wanna get out
of there as quick as possible! I know, deep down, it is because
of unfamilarity with this OS.

!

I once suggested a keyboard on wheels (giant super multi buttoned
mouse) to pull the chain of someone who was always banging on
about the benefits of multi buttoned mice...