    pages that are within frames?
    TIA,
    Vince Morgan
    Vince Morgan, Nov 1, 2006

  2. Vince Morgan

    dorayme Guest

    In article <454932ee$0$29330$>,
    "Vince Morgan" <> wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > I've been playing with page transitions and found that I can't
    > get them to work on pages within frames.
    > Searching on the subject didn't turn up anything. Do transitions work on
    > pages that are within frames?

    What is a page transition?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 2, 2006

  3. Vince Morgan

    Vince Morgan Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article <454932ee$0$29330$>,
    > "Vince Morgan" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All,
    > > I've been playing with page transitions and found that I

    can't
    > > get them to work on pages within frames.
    > > Searching on the subject didn't turn up anything. Do transitions work

    on
    > > pages that are within frames?

    > What is a page transition?

    I've noticed a couple of sites appearing here and there with the above, or
    similar, and wanted to test it out.
    Well, my test revealed that I have no idea what I'm doing. I've applied the
    above in <head> of a few pages and nothing happens for me. And yet, when I
    load a site that uses the same, the pages trasition as they should.
    I thought there could be an issue with frames, but further testing shows
    it's not working for me on pages without frames.
    Thank you for asking Dorayme :)
    Vince Morgan
    Vince Morgan, Nov 2, 2006
  4. "Vince Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <454932ee$0$29330$>,
    >> "Vince Morgan" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi All,
    >> > I've been playing with page transitions and found that I

    > can't
    >> > get them to work on pages within frames.
    >> > Searching on the subject didn't turn up anything. Do transitions work

    > on
    >> > pages that are within frames?

    >> What is a page transition?
    >>

    > I've noticed a couple of sites appearing here and there with the above, or
    > similar, and wanted to test it out.
    > Well, my test revealed that I have no idea what I'm doing. I've applied
    > the
    > above in <head> of a few pages and nothing happens for me. And yet, when
    > load a site that uses the same, the pages trasition as they should.
    > I thought there could be an issue with frames, but further testing shows
    > it's not working for me on pages without frames.
    > Thank you for asking Dorayme :)
    > Vince Morgan

    Hi Vince,

    My site uses frames and transitions so I compared my code with yours. The
    only difference is that I don't use the decimal point for the duration (eg
    Duration=3).

    See if that does the trick.

    Andy
    Andrew Bailey, Nov 2, 2006
  5. Vince Morgan

    dorayme Guest

    In article <SEj2h.54158$>,
    "Andrew Bailey" <> wrote:

    > >> What is a page transition?
    > >>

    > My site uses frames and transitions so I compared my code with yours. The
    > only difference is that I don't use the decimal point for the duration (eg
    > Duration=3).

    Either of you have a url so we can see something in action...
    oooeee, I do like the sound of "transitions"... sounds graceful!

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 2, 2006
  6. Vince Morgan

    Bergamot Guest

    dorayme wrote:

    > Either of you have a url so we can see something in action...
    > oooeee, I do like the sound of "transitions"... sounds graceful!

    Thankfully, transitions are an IE-only feature, and one IE users can
    disable if they know where to find the setting.

    --
    Berg
    Bergamot, Nov 2, 2006
  7. Vince Morgan

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Bergamot <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    > >
    > > Either of you have a url so we can see something in action...
    > > oooeee, I do like the sound of "transitions"... sounds graceful!

    > Thankfully, transitions are an IE-only feature, and one IE users can
    > disable if they know where to find the setting.

    ah.... well, I'm unlikely to see it, for now... some multimedia
    effect I suppose...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 2, 2006
  8. Vince Morgan

    Vince Morgan Guest

    "Andrew Bailey" <> wrote in message

    > Hi Vince,
    >
    > My site uses frames and transitions so I compared my code with yours. The
    > only difference is that I don't use the decimal point for the duration (eg
    > Duration=3).
    >
    > See if that does the trick.
    >
    > Andy

    Thanks for the reply Andy,
    I tried that too, but it didn't
    work unfortunately. What is realy weird is that I opened a page with
    transitions that works fine on my machine, copied the source and opened
    that, and it still didn't work.
    I'm sure it's just something idiotic on my part, which I'll hopefully
    discover tomorrow.
    Thank you again,
    Vince
    Vince Morgan, Nov 3, 2006
  9. Vince Morgan

    Vince Morgan Guest

    > I've noticed a couple of sites appearing here and there with the above, or
    > similar, and wanted to test it out.
    > Well, my test revealed that I have no idea what I'm doing. I've applied

    the
    > above in <head> of a few pages and nothing happens for me. And yet, when

    > load a site that uses the same, the pages trasition as they should.
    > I thought there could be an issue with frames, but further testing shows
    > it's not working for me on pages without frames.
    > Thank you for asking Dorayme :)
    > Vince Morgan

    I didn't realize at first that it was IE specific, but I would like to use
    them even if they don't work on all browsers. The tags don't carry much
    weight and I imagine they are ignored gracefully by other browsers.
    However, where they do work it's quite a practical way to make a smooth
    transition from page to page.
    Thank you all,
    Vince
    Vince Morgan, Nov 3, 2006
  10. Vince Morgan

    Vince Morgan Guest

    > Hi All,
    > I've been playing with page transitions and found that I can't
    > get them to work on pages within frames.
    > Searching on the subject didn't turn up anything. Do transitions work on
    > pages that are within frames?
    > TIA,
    > Vince Morgan

    I forgot to mention that the meta tags are all that's required for
    transitions to work. Well, that's the theory, and it seems to work for
    everyone but me :)
    Vince
    Vince Morgan, Nov 3, 2006
  11. "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > Bergamot <> wrote:
    >
    >> dorayme wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Either of you have a url so we can see something in action...
    >> > oooeee, I do like the sound of "transitions"... sounds graceful!

    >> Thankfully, transitions are an IE-only feature, and one IE users can
    >> disable if they know where to find the setting.

    > ah.... well, I'm unlikely to see it, for now... some multimedia
    > effect I suppose...
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    Hi Dorayme,

    Here is a link to my site so you can see transitions working. I use a fade
    transition between my loading screen and the home page and a box-out
    transition when visiting the "Why Us?" page....

    http://www.microbuild.com

    Andy
    Andrew Bailey, Nov 3, 2006
  12. Andrew Bailey wrote:

    > Hi Dorayme,
    >
    > Here is a link to my site so you can see transitions working. I use a fade
    > transition between my loading screen and the home page and a box-out
    > transition when visiting the "Why Us?" page....

    No *dorayme* will not

    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Nov 3, 2006
  13. Vince Morgan

    patrick j Guest

    On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 14:07:19 +0000, Jonathan N. Little wrote
    (in article <667ee$454b4ce8$40cba7bd$>):

    > Andrew Bailey wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Dorayme,
    >>
    >> Here is a link to my site so you can see transitions working. I use a fade
    >> transition between my loading screen and the home page and a box-out
    >> transition when visiting the "Why Us?" page....

    > No *dorayme* will not

    He does have a PC as well :)

    --
    Patrick
    Brighton, UK

    <http://www.patrickjames.me.uk>
    patrick j, Nov 3, 2006
  14. Vince Morgan

    Ed Mullen Guest

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Nov 3, 2006
  15. Vince Morgan

    dorayme Guest

    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > Andrew Bailey wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Dorayme,
    > >
    > > Here is a link to my site so you can see transitions working. I use a fade
    > > transition between my loading screen and the home page and a box-out
    > > transition when visiting the "Why Us?" page....

    > No *dorayme* will not

    Thank you J :)

    (btw, someone gave me a rather nice PC that has your 2000. Works
    nicely. It has better support for USB (reason I wanted it - to
    slip a stick in with websites and not be restarting every 5 min
    as on the old (now disembowelled) win98 box.

    But I notice the new has a few of the same frustrating features
    as both my old and my daughters XPbox, eg. the number pad never
    works (even does peculiar things like moving the cursor). On a
    Mac, the right hand side number pad is not for show, it really
    does things (like produce numbers)

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 3, 2006
  16. Vince Morgan

    Bergamot Guest

    dorayme wrote:

    > But I notice the new has a few of the same frustrating features
    > as both my old and my daughters XPbox, eg. the number pad never
    > works (even does peculiar things like moving the cursor).

    Perhaps you haven't notice that key labeled "Num Lock". ;)

    --
    Berg
    Bergamot, Nov 3, 2006
  17. Vince Morgan

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Bergamot <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    > >
    > > But I notice the new has a few of the same frustrating features
    > > as both my old and my daughters XPbox, eg. the number pad never
    > > works (even does peculiar things like moving the cursor).

    > Perhaps you haven't notice that key labeled "Num Lock". ;)

    I knew it would be something simple! OK I will check it out next
    time I fire up.

    [Why would anyone want to lock a number pad... as distinct from
    any other set of keys? Please don't answer this. It might dawn on
    me. What a delicious puzzle! I could take to this type of lock,
    just as there are Silly Walks, there could be Silly Keyboards
    (space bar locked... why hell even sillier: no spacebar at all)

    At the moment I can't go on about this because I am busy with
    trying to find out why a mailto on a webpage of mine in a footer
    is behaving oddly re font-size, there is something peculiar about
    mailto links and font-sizes and inheritance in different browsers
    that I do not understand. Fancy something like this holding up
    the launching of a new home page...]

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 3, 2006
  18. On 2006-11-03, dorayme wrote:

    > [Why would anyone want to lock a number pad...

    Why would anyone want a number pad at all (Don't answer that; I do
    know the reasons, but they don't apply to me. Perhaps if it were on
    the other side of the keyboard....)

    For me, the number pad is just another set of keys that I can
    program to do whatever I want. I have the number keys set to switch
    between desktops and window manipulation (to back, to front,
    select).

    > as distinct from any other set of keys?

    The keypad duplicates other keys.

    > Please don't answer this.

    Too late. ;)

    > It might dawn on me. What a delicious puzzle! I could take to this
    > type of lock, just as there are Silly Walks, there could be Silly
    > Keyboards (space bar locked... why hell even sillier: no spacebar at
    > all)

    <http://gadgets.fosfor.se/the-top-10-weirdest-keyboards-ever/>

    Author:
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Nov 3, 2006
  19. Vince Morgan

    patrick j Guest

    On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 20:50:48 +0000, dorayme wrote
    (in article
    <>):

    > On a Mac, the right hand side number pad is not for show, it really
    > does things (like produce numbers)

    But real Mac people *never* use those keys because we were all brought
    up on keyboards which didn't have them.

    I've just started looking at them now and there's all kinds of strange
    things there. There's one with a rectangle and an X through it. It
    looks like a "battery is dead" symbol.

    --
    Patrick
    Brighton, UK

    <http://www.patrickjames.me.uk>
    patrick j, Nov 3, 2006
  20. Vince Morgan

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    "Chris F.A. Johnson" <> wrote:

    > On 2006-11-03, dorayme wrote:
    > >
    > > [Why would anyone want to lock a number pad...

    > Why would anyone want a number pad at all (Don't answer that; I do
    > know the reasons, but they don't apply to me. Perhaps if it were on
    > the other side of the keyboard....)

    I told you not to give me clues.

    > For me, the number pad is just another set of keys that I can
    > program to do whatever I want. I have the number keys set to switch
    > between desktops and window manipulation (to back, to front,
    > select).
    >
    > > as distinct from any other set of keys?

    > The keypad duplicates other keys.

    Which is why I did not attend to the matter. I don't mean to be
    mean, but I almost have a phobia about Windows and wanna get out
    of there as quick as possible! I know, deep down, it is because
    of unfamilarity with this OS.

    > > Please don't answer this.

    > Too late. ;)
    >
    > > It might dawn on me. What a delicious puzzle! I could take to this
    > > type of lock, just as there are Silly Walks, there could be Silly
    > > Keyboards (space bar locked... why hell even sillier: no spacebar at
    > > all)

    > <http://gadgets.fosfor.se/the-top-10-weirdest-keyboards-ever/>

    !

    I once suggested a keyboard on wheels (giant super multi buttoned
    mouse) to pull the chain of someone who was always banging on
    about the benefits of multi buttoned mice...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 3, 2006