Transitions and Frames?

dorayme

patrick j said:
But real Mac people *never* use those keys because we were all brought
up on keyboards which didn't have them.

I fired up my old SE30 last night to have a go at Sargon IV. What
a goddam beautiful keyboard that has, the neat one you refer
to...

On my present one on the G4, the "number pad lock" positioned one
is much more useful, it turns sound down.

Bergamot

dorayme said:
I almost have a phobia about Windows and wanna get out
of there as quick as possible!

Funny, I think the same thing every time I test stuff on a Mac - I count
the minutes until I can shut it off again. :)

I think the things are darned unfriendly to us keyboard users. Maybe I
just haven't figured out how to do stuff without a mouse yet, but I'm
not really interested in learning, either.

dorayme

Bergamot said:
Funny, I think the same thing every time I test stuff on a Mac - I count
the minutes until I can shut it off again. :)

I think the things are darned unfriendly to us keyboard users. Maybe I
just haven't figured out how to do stuff without a mouse yet, but I'm
not really interested in learning, either.

We do use mice with Macs, honest...

About keyboards, cf. control c on PCs versus command c on Macs.
To do the former with one hand you have to have one like a
Neanderthal... <g>

Chris F.A. Johnson

Chris F.A. Johnson said:
[Why would anyone want to lock a number pad...

Why would anyone want a number pad at all (Don't answer that; I do
know the reasons, but they don't apply to me. Perhaps if it were on
the other side of the keyboard....)

I told you not to give me clues.
For me, the number pad is just another set of keys that I can
program to do whatever I want. I have the number keys set to switch
between desktops and window manipulation (to back, to front,
select).

The keypad duplicates other keys.

Which is why I did not attend to the matter. I don't mean to be
mean, but I almost have a phobia about Windows

What does Windows have to do with anything? I have never owned a
computer with Windows.
and wanna get out of there as quick as possible!

I don't blame you! For more than 10 years, the only thing I have
used Windows for is to telnet/ssh to a real computer.
I know, deep down, it is because of unfamilarity with this OS.

Familiarity will only intensify the feeling.
!

I once suggested a keyboard on wheels (giant super multi buttoned
mouse) to pull the chain of someone who was always banging on
about the benefits of multi buttoned mice...

I really should look into getting a multi- (not just two- or
three-) buttoned mouse.

Bergamot

dorayme said:
We do use mice with Macs, honest...

My point was that I don't want to *have* to use a mouse. ;)
About keyboards, cf. control c on PCs versus command c on Macs.

Do you think copy/paste is all there is to being a keyboard user? You
obviously aren't one. To each his own. If you're happy with what you
have, that's groovy.

dorayme

Which is why I did not attend to the matter. I don't mean to be
mean, but I almost have a phobia about Windows

What does Windows have to do with anything? I have never owned a
computer with Windows.[/QUOTE]

You are right. I seem to think that only my experience counts in
the world. It is the arrogance of the tourist. <g>

dorayme

Bergamot said:
My point was that I don't want to *have* to use a mouse. ;)

So it was. Sorry. You know why I make these mistakes? Because I
did a bad speed reading course many years ago. Wonder if I can
get my dough back?
Do you think copy/paste is all there is to being a keyboard user? You
obviously aren't one.

Hang on old chap... it was just an example. Actually, you have me
wrong, whenever there is a keyboard combo I can remember, I much
prefer it. I even go so far as to make them. We are closer than
you realise, Bergamot. Maybe not two peas in the same pod but in
closely related pods... in my pod is Korpela and Spartanicus.
That just shows the crop must not be judged on outside
appearances. OK, my companions are not altogether thrilled about
but we survive...
To each his own. If you're happy with what you
have, that's groovy.

I'm sort of happy but certainly not groovy. Korpsy and I don't do
groovy. Spartanicus (God) is above grooviness.

patrick j

I fired up my old SE30 last night to have a go at Sargon IV. What
a goddam beautiful keyboard that has, the neat one you refer
to...

On my present one on the G4, the "number pad lock" positioned one
is much more useful, it turns sound down.

I find I very rarely use the function keys and almost never the number
pad even though I've had computers with them for years.

I've just never got into the way of it. I touch type and so those extra
keys are all feel a mile away and irrelevant.

Even when I'm using the calculator I still use the numbers across the
top rather than the number pad because I touch type.

Personally I'd quite like it if Apple produced a keyboard like that on
the SE30 for the contemporary computers because it would suit me very
well.

In most things on the Mac I am very contemporary however, I like the
"right click", the scroll wheel on the mouse and I am extremely fond of
OS X and (unlike you) very much like the Dock, but all the extra keys
on the keyboard I would not miss if they were removed :)

dorayme

patrick j said:
Even when I'm using the calculator I still use the numbers across the
top rather than the number pad because I touch type.

Fair enough. I use number pad a lot and big user of function
keys. Can't imagine life without them. In fact, when I moved to
the 7300 Powermac I took to what was called an extended keyboard
(though I think it was standard for the 7300) very quickly and
use all the keys for actions in PS and Illustrator and other
programs, I like to use the mouse as little as possible... to
avoid tendon problems...

Vince Morgan

Vince Morgan said:
Hi All,
I've been playing with page transitions and found that I can't
get them to work on pages within frames.
Searching on the subject didn't turn up anything. Do transitions work on
pages that are within frames?
TIA,
Vince Morgan
Well, I've solved the problem, somehow. Today I load the page and suddenly
I have transitions working.
Which brings me to something I never thought to mention.
I'm develloping in 'Dev-PHP 2.0.12' IDE as I don't have a server on this
machine. However, I should also mention that the transitions weren't
working when I opened a vanilla HTML doc off the desktop either. But do
now.
Seems it had nothing to do with using frames though.
The OS is Win2000 and I have a feeling it was a temporary OS glitch, or I
had partialy crippled Dev-PHP with some of the stuff I was trying to do.
Thank you all very much for your help and interest,
Vince Morgan