translating file formats

Puppet_Sock

Are there any good texts or web sites with advice on how to write an
app
(in C++) that translates one format input file to another?

I've got this enormous engineering code that has a gnarly input file
format.
My thought is to write a front end for it to allow humans to create
the
inputs without having to jump through the hoops that the code
requires.

It's not *quite* a compiler, but it's somewhat similar.
Socks

Noah Roberts

Puppet_Sock said:
Are there any good texts or web sites with advice on how to write an
app
(in C++) that translates one format input file to another?

I've got this enormous engineering code that has a gnarly input file
format.
My thought is to write a front end for it to allow humans to create
the
inputs without having to jump through the hoops that the code
requires.

It's not *quite* a compiler, but it's somewhat similar.
Socks

It's easy. Just call the MysteryFormatTranslationFunction and you're done.