Translating User Search Strings into Full-Text Contains Syntax

Dylan Phillips

I'm interested in how other participants in this new group are implementing
SQL Full-Text Search on their Web Sites.

How are you translating the user search string: "DirectX managed code" into
the contains statement syntax ' "DirectX" AND "managed" AND "code" '?

I started writing a query parsers as an intermediary to handle control
characters like ['(',')',....], but frankly it's becoming a rather pain in
the a$$. If anyone has any suggestions as to the techniques they have used,
I'd be much ablidged.

Otherwise if anyone is interested in collaborative development of the query
parser, I'd appricate the help. I'd think there would be some appetite for
publishing the finished product in VS Magazine or MSDN Magazine.

Regards and Best of Luck to All,

Dylan Phillips