    cannot be seen or edited, and have it be imported back into the XML
    source in the end?

    Thanks

    Philipp Lenssen, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Yes there are several tools which allow you to transfer data from excel
    (maybe word definitely if you save as a text file) into XML and vice versa.
    One such tool is datajunction which allows you to do this.

    Martin

    Martin SChukrazy, Mar 5, 2004

  3. Martin SChukrazy wrote:

    > "Philipp Lenssen" <> wrote in message
    > > Is there any way to import/ export XML into Word or Excel?
    > >
    > > See I want to have XML files translated. Now some translators would
    > > say "We don't do that", so we wrote a nice Web interface to do it.
    > > Now some translators might still say "We only do Word or Excel" (as
    > > some parts may be automated, but you cannot automate it with the
    > > Web tool). So how would one e.g. store hidden tags-information into
    > > Word, something which cannot be seen or edited, and have it be
    > > imported back into the XML source in the end?
    > >

    > Yes there are several tools which allow you to transfer data from
    > excel (maybe word definitely if you save as a text file) into XML
    > and vice versa. One such tool is datajunction which allows you to do
    > this.

    The point is that is should be exported with hidden locked fields, so
    that after the translators worked on the Word/ Excel, the import to XML
    is trouble-free.

    Philipp Lenssen, Mar 5, 2004
  4. You want to translate an XML document to text (display on word) and back?
    Did i get you correctly? Because if you want to display on word, you would
    rather have it on text format...
    Actually you can also spit out html to word and then reconverted back to xml
    once you are done...
    Data Junction may have a word to xml and back translator but for it to work
    correctly it should work really efficiently.
    Another way you could do this is to have a word macro which loads it from an
    xml file and another macro which stores it back to an xml file (that way you
    have complete control).
    By the way word does display html documents so you can easily convert from
    xml to word and back

    Martin SChukrazy, Mar 6, 2004