Translation into Mac Speak

Roedy Green

How would you say this in MacSpeak?

Download the quaqua Look and Feel zip at
http://www.randelshofer.ch/quaqua/index.html

Unpack it and install the quaqua.jar in your JRE ext directory:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

If everyone lived the way people do in Vancouver, we would need three more entire planets to support us.
~ Guy Dauncey

John

How would you say this in MacSpeak?

Download the quaqua Look and Feel zip athttp://www.randelshofer.ch/quaqua/index.html

Unpack it and install the quaqua.jar in your JRE ext directory:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext

I think you want: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/
1.6.0/Home/lib/ext

This is correct for OS X version 10.5. It will change for other
versions. For instance, Java 1.6 is not supported on OS X 10.4.

Hope this answers you question.

John St. Ledger

John B. Matthews

John said:
I think you want: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/
1.6.0/Home/lib/ext

This is correct for OS X version 10.5. It will change for other
versions. For instance, Java 1.6 is not supported on OS X 10.4.

For this very reason, I'd be wary of encouraging the user to pollute
the System extension directories. Note that Mac OS constructs
java.ext.dirs as a list of directories [1]. If adding resources in this
way is appropriate, consider recommending the user's extension
directory (first) or the general extension directory (second). The
user's directory may have to be created [2]:

~/Library/Java/Extensions:
/Library/Java/Extensions:
/System/Library/Java/Extensions:
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/[3]/Home/lib/ext

[1]<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/ext/basics/install.html>
[2]<http://book.javanb.com/mac-os-x-for-java-geeks/0596004001_macxjvgks-chp-2-sect-2.html>
[3]resolved link to "CurrentJDK", e.g. 1.6.0.