Translation of FXRuby Par L'Example?

Bob Sidebotham

I've tried to do a rough translation into English of FXRuby Par
L'Example using both Altavista and Google, but Altavista fails (even
when using with the "'" in the URL, which it complains about, replaced
with "%27", as below), and Google claims to translate the page, but
leaves it entirely in French (I suppose the Ruby code examples might
confuse it...).

Has anyone else managed to translate this?

The ("corrected" for AltaVista) URL of the original page is:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/FXRuby Par l'exemple/

Thanks,
Bob

Lyle Johnson

I've tried to do a rough translation into English of FXRuby Par
L'Example using both Altavista and Google... Has anyone else managed to translate this?

I'd be willing to pitch in and help with a translation if someone else
will take the lead.

A quick scan of Jean-Pierre's work reveals that over half of the text
is found in the appendices, which appear to be reference material
(such as the API documentation) that's already available on the web
site. And a portion of each chapter is dedicated to tutorial
documentation about the Ruby language ("Un Peu de Ruby") and could
possibly be skipped, at least for the first pass.