Transparency

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Blinky the Shark quothed
Dennis wrote:
Second Response: Ignore first response; I misread your reply, despite
it only being three words long. :)

So let's get this straight. You don't know what *he's* talking about or
you don't know what *you're* talking about???

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Blinky the Shark quothed
So let's get this straight. You don't know what *he's* talking about or
you don't know what *you're* talking about???

"I misread your reply" would pretty much say that I misread *his*
reply, wouldn't it? Clue: yes.

windandwaves

Blinky said:
"I misread your reply" would pretty much say that I misread *his*
reply, wouldn't it? Clue: yes.

and then I get reprimanded for asking stupid questions and things like
top-posting.... whenever that happens again I will quote this conversation
as an example of the ultimate in useful discussion. Clue: love it.

Dennis

"I misread your reply" would pretty much say that I misread *his*
reply, wouldn't it? Clue: yes.

and then I get reprimanded for asking stupid questions[/QUOTE]

As well you should.
and things like top-posting....

Now thats just plain evil.
whenever that happens again I will quote this conversation
as an example of the ultimate in useful discussion. Clue: love it.

It's not easy to keep a Blinky Shark in line.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
On 26 Jun 2005 windandwaves wrote in alt.html

Now thats just plain evil.

No, it's not just your regular evil. Top-posting officially falls into
the category of Evil[TM].
It's not easy to keep a Blinky Shark in line.

Or a guy with a box on his head. ;-)

Dennis

On 26 Jun 2005 windandwaves wrote in alt.html

Now thats just plain evil.

No, it's not just your regular evil. Top-posting officially falls into
the category of Evil[TM].
It's not easy to keep a Blinky Shark in line.

Or a guy with a box on his head. ;-)
[/QUOTE]
Unir n avpr onebtencu qnl!

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Blinky the Shark quothed
"I misread your reply" would pretty much say that I misread *his*
reply, wouldn't it? Clue: yes.

Okay, okay, no offense. I was just joshing with ya.

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Blinky the Shark
I have to. Think of all the other sharks I'm blinking for.

That's a whole lota shark, there, Blinky. (For those who don't know -
sharks do not blink.

Blinky the Shark

Adrienne said:
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Blinky the Shark
<[email protected]> writing in
That's a whole lota shark, there, Blinky. (For those who don't know -
sharks do not blink.

Blinky's origin explained in second paragraph, here:

http://blinkynet.net/

To save wear and tear on the imagination, watch my logo for a few
seconds (animation on). :)

(And no, that's not costly -- when I added the animation layers, it only
added about 500 bytes to the file size, since there's only one
full-frame layer of data and the rest of the layers are transparent
except just for the eye. I'm on a dialup, and I'm very careful with
size. <g>)

Els

Blinky said:
In the civilized world, one's not charged by the minute for dial-up
activity. :p

Which civilization is that? Does the advantage of not paying per
minute weigh up against possible other disadvantages?

So - you pay per byte? Or per month?

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
So - you pay per byte? Or per month?

We were paying per month for a set number of hours, then extra per hour
after that. We could have paid a bit more for unlimited hours though.
But that's just as expensive as broadband anyway.

dorayme

From: Blinky the Shark said:
In the civilized world, one's not charged by the minute for dial-up
activity. :p

Well, you have to take into account replacement cost of broken equipment
after it is thrown in frustration on slow loading sites...

dorayme

dorayme

From: Mark Parnell said:
We were paying per month for a set number of hours, then extra per hour
after that. We could have paid a bit more for unlimited hours though.
But that's just as expensive as broadband anyway.

Here in Sydney you can get good and reliable dialup for $20 Australian a
month, and you can be on all day and generally not be kicked off. You can
pay less and more with varying results... What is a tempting budget
conscious strategy is some ADSL for about $29 with 200 MB download limits
and you get slowed down to 56 or even 64 after limit is reached. You get the
huge advantage of being able to use your line again as a phone and are not
otherwise worse off. There are just some up-front costs of about $100 to get
the thing established (often they will throw in a suitable modem).

dorayme