    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Persoonlijke website
    24help.info and issociate.de to duplicate this post.
    Edwin van der Vaart, Oct 20, 2005

  2. Edwin van der Vaart

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Edwin van der Vaart wrote:

    > Why does inherit react the same as transparent when using for background?

    It doesn't.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Oct 20, 2005

  3. Edwin van der Vaart

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Toby Inkster, Oct 20, 2005
  4. Edwin van der Vaart

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Toby Inkster quothed:

    > Toby Inkster wrote:
    > > Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    > >
    > >> Why does inherit react the same as transparent when using for background?

    > > It doesn't.

    > Perhaps I should illustrate with an example:
    >
    > http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/background

    I don't see any difference. Oh wait, I'm using IE...

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Oct 20, 2005
  5. Edwin van der Vaart

    Mark Parnell Guest

    In our last episode, Edwin van der Vaart <>
    pronounced to alt.html:

    > Why does inherit react the same as transparent when using for background?

    It doesn't. It looks like it if you are only using background colours
    (unless the child element spills out of the parent), but the difference
    is evident if you use a background image, as you can see in Toby's
    example.

    > What is inherit means as property for background?

    It means the same thing as specifying exactly the same rules for the
    background for both elements.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Oct 20, 2005
  6. Neredbojias wrote:
    > With neither quill nor qualm, Toby Inkster quothed:
    >

    >>Toby Inkster wrote:

    >>>It doesn't.

    >>Perhaps I should illustrate with an example:
    >>
    >>http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/background

    > I don't see any difference. Oh wait, I'm using IE...

    Damn! Neredbojias is correct! Don't use MSIE except for browser checking
    and never noticed this before...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 20, 2005
  7. Toby Inkster wrote:
    > Toby Inkster wrote:
    >
    >>Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >>

    >>>Why does inherit react the same as transparent when using for background?

    >>It doesn't.

    > Perhaps I should illustrate with an example:
    >
    > http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/background

    Sorry, can't access to the url.
    Edwin van der Vaart, Oct 21, 2005
  8. Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    > Toby Inkster wrote:
    >
    >> Toby Inkster wrote:

    >>> It doesn't.

    >> Perhaps I should illustrate with an example:
    >>
    >> http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/background

    > Sorry, can't access to the url.

    Why? Works for me.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 21, 2005
  9. Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >> Toby Inkster wrote:

    >>> Perhaps I should illustrate with an example:
    >>>
    >>> http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/background

    >> Sorry, can't access to the url.

    > Why? Works for me.

    I don't know. I tried on mine Linux and Windows machine at 10:00 MEST
    Edwin van der Vaart, Oct 21, 2005
  10. Toby Inkster wrote:
    > Toby Inkster wrote:
    >>Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >>
    >>>Why does inherit react the same as transparent when using for background?

    >>It doesn't.

    > Perhaps I should illustrate with an example:
    >
    > http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/background

    I see what you mean.
    So, I'll use transparent for background.
    Thanx for the example.
    Edwin van der Vaart, Oct 21, 2005