Transparent Gif not working in IE

tshad

I have some transarent gifs (actually PNG files) that are not working in IE.
They work fine in Netscape and Mozilla. In IE the following shows a grey
border around the figure (which should be transparent.

<asp:ImageButton ID="ExpandButton" runat="server"
Font-Size="2" ImageUrl="../images/expand.jpg" Width="16" Height="16"
CommandName="Select" AlternateText="Click here to see
details"></asp:ImageButton>

When I change it to:

oExpand.imageURL="../images/transparent.png"

Which is nothing but a transparent background. When it returns, it has a
grey square?

Why doesn't IE handle this correctly?

Thanks,

Tom.

cbDevelopment

Not really a question about IE, I don't think.

Did you try setting the following properties:

borderstyle="none"
borderwidth=0

tshad

cbDevelopment said:
Not really a question about IE, I don't think.

Did you try setting the following properties:

borderstyle="none"
borderwidth=0

Tried that, but it doesn't seem to work. There is some stuff on the net
talking about IE's problems with PNG, but I haven't been able to get them to
work for me, either.

I tried saving the image as a gif (Paint Shop Pro 8) and I can't seem to
make it work in either Mozilla or IE. It shows with a white area around the
image now in both browsers.

Tom

James Thomas

I also have the same problem. It would be nice if IE had proper support
for PNG files but alas, it does not. There's not really much you can do
about it until MS decides to properly support the graphic format.

James

Guest

I'm also having problems viewing png files with IE. They show up fine on
other computers with IE. There must be a setting somewhere that fixes this.