  1. Guest

    does anyone know how to draw transparent images in java
    , Jun 9, 2004

  2. Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:27:33 GMT, wrote or
    quoted :

    >does anyone know how to draw transparent images in java

    use "ink" that has a varying number in the alpha channel -- the fourth
    number in a Color object.

    Look at the source code for http://mindprod.com/products.html#MASKER

    where I generate png images with a transparent background.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/colour.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jun 9, 2004

  3. Real Gagnon Guest

    Real Gagnon, Jun 10, 2004
  4. wrote:
    > does anyone know how to draw transparent images in java

    Transparent images (images with pixels that have an alpha value) will
    draw just like any other images. If you are trying to draw an opaque
    image transparently, that will take an AlphaComposite.

    knute...
    s/nospam/knute/
    Knute Johnson, Jun 10, 2004