Transparent page - How?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by jasper.jupiter@gmail.com, Jun 26, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I saw this and I'd really like to figure out how it's done:
    http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0100140846

    When you click on the 'enlarge image' button, it loads a new page in a
    flash like style.
    Really cool. I've seen this on other site, can't recall right now, so
    I figure it must be a new thing that's becoming popular right now.

    Thanks,

    - JJ
     
    , Jun 26, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Pi Guest

    On Jun 26, 2:36 pm, ""
    <> wrote:
    > I saw this and I'd really like to figure out how it's done:http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0100140846
    >
    > When you click on the 'enlarge image' button, it loads a new page in a
    > flash like style.
    > Really cool. I've seen this on other site, can't recall right now, so
    > I figure it must be a new thing that's becoming popular right now.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > - JJ



    I believe you're looking for JS Lightbox and its variants.
    http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/

    Pi
     
    Pi, Jun 26, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On Jun 26, 3:44 pm, Pi <> wrote:
    > On Jun 26, 2:36 pm, ""
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > > I saw this and I'd really like to figure out how it's done:http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0100140846

    >
    > > When you click on the 'enlarge image' button, it loads a new page in a
    > > flash like style.
    > > Really cool. I've seen this on other site, can't recall right now, so
    > > I figure it must be a new thing that's becoming popular right now.

    >
    > > Thanks,

    >
    > > - JJ

    >
    > I believe you're looking for JS Lightbox and its variants.http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/
    >
    > Pi


    Very nice, thank you!

    - JJ
     
    Jasper Jupiter, Jun 26, 2007
    #3
  4. RobG Guest

    On Jun 27, 7:50 am, Jasper Jupiter <> wrote:
    > On Jun 26, 3:44 pm, Pi <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Jun 26, 2:36 pm, ""

    >
    > > <> wrote:
    > > > I saw this and I'd really like to figure out how it's done:http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0100140846

    >
    > > > When you click on the 'enlarge image' button, it loads a new page in a
    > > > flash like style.
    > > > Really cool. I've seen this on other site, can't recall right now, so
    > > > I figure it must be a new thing that's becoming popular right now.

    >
    > > > Thanks,

    >
    > > > - JJ

    >
    > > I believe you're looking for JS Lightbox and its variants.http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/

    >
    > > Pi

    >
    > Very nice, thank you!


    As a tip, many users find that style of image presentation annoying as
    hell - there is a reason why all modern browsers show the content as
    it loads, rather than waiting for all the content before showing
    anything.

    The fade-in effect looks pretty ordinary on older PCs that can't do
    the number of frames required to make it look smooth. Ensure there is
    a suitable non-scripted fallback.


    --
    Rob
     
    RobG, Jun 27, 2007
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. VB Programmer
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    400
    VB Programmer
    Jun 30, 2003
  2. eruess
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    479
    eruess
    Aug 8, 2003
  3. Ather Ali Shaikh

    How do i change background color to transparent

    Ather Ali Shaikh, Dec 4, 2003, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    4,357
    Chris Jackson
    Dec 4, 2003
  4. Minhua Fu

    How to draw a transparent gif in web

    Minhua Fu, Dec 30, 2003, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    2,056
    George Ter-Saakov
    Dec 30, 2003
  5. Replies:
    15
    Views:
    198
Loading...

Share This Page