Transparent Proxy and Redirecting Sockets

Luca Bongiorni

Hi all,
Around I have found plenty useful sources about TCP transparent proxies. However I am still missing how to make socket redirection.

What I would like to do is:

host_A <--> PROXY <--> host_B
^

host_C <------

At the beginning the proxy is simply forwarding the data between A and B.
Subsequently, when a parser catches the right pattern, the proxy quit the communication between A and B and redirect all the traffic to the host_C.

I would be pleased if someone would suggest me some resources or hints.

Thank you :)
Cheers,
Luca

Rodrick Brown

Hi all,
Around I have found plenty useful sources about TCP transparent proxies.
However I am still missing how to make socket redirection.

What I would like to do is:

host_A <--> PROXY <--> host_B
^

host_C <------

At the beginning the proxy is simply forwarding the data between A and B.
Subsequently, when a parser catches the right pattern, the proxy quit the
communication between A and B and redirect all the traffic to the host_C.

I would be pleased if someone would suggest me some resources or hints.
Are you looking for a Python way of doing this? I would highly recommend
taking a look at ha-proxy as its very robust, simple and fast. If you're
looking to implement this in Python code you may want to use a framework
like Twisted - http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedProject

Twisted provides many functionality that can leverage to accomplish this
task.

Luca Bongiorni

2013/2/21 Rodrick Brown said:
Are you looking for a Python way of doing this? I would highly recommend
taking a look at ha-proxy as its very robust, simple and fast. If you're
looking to implement this in Python code you may want to use a framework
like Twisted - http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedProject

Twisted provides many functionality that can leverage to accomplish this
task.

Thank you for the hint. I will start to delve on it right now.
Cheers,
Luca