trap() block signal mask, esp. CHLD

Dan Janowski

Hi,

In managing many sub-processes and using trap() with SIGCHLD, there is
a re-entry problem because there is no way to have a
sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK,...) in effect while Ruby code is running. At
least this seems to be the case.

Interestingly, Ruby internals use SIG_BLOCK for protection, I am
interested in expanding this to Ruby code. Suggestions on how to do
this, or even a patch?

Thanks,

Dan