Trap run time errors in XSLT

Discussion in 'XML' started by Rolf Kemper, Oct 20, 2004.

  1. Rolf Kemper

    Rolf Kemper Guest

    Dear All,

    I'm facing the problem below and need some advice/help on it.

    I'm loading various XML files via the document function into my XSLT.
    As long all files exist, it's fine. But when a file is not present the
    processor threws an error and the output is not generated.
    I tried this with MSXML4 and ALTOVAs native processor.

    What I want is just a controlled output for the missing section like
    'file not available'. But for the rest of the document I would like to
    proceed.

    As this is a general problem of trapping run time errors in XSLT I
    guess that most of you have already solved this. Please let me know
    how you deal with that.

    Thanks
    Rolf

    Rolf Kemper, Oct 20, 2004