trapping error 500

faisal.aziz

I am using apache tomcat 5.x as my container. i m getting error code
500 and i want to trap that error so that show my error page instead of
tomcats error page.

I m using this at the moment

<error-page>
<exception-type>java.lang.Exception</exception-type>
<location>/test.jsp</location>
</error-page>

in my web.xml.

Any help will be appreciated.

Andy Flowers

I am using apache tomcat 5.x as my container. i m getting error code
500 and i want to trap that error so that show my error page instead
of tomcats error page.

I m using this at the moment

<error-page>
<exception-type>java.lang.Exception</exception-type>
<location>/test.jsp</location>
</error-page>

in my web.xml.

Any help will be appreciated.

Try catching the error code as per

<error-page>
<error-code>500</error-code>
<location>.....your page goes here.....</location>
</error-page>