Traversing a Hashtable

Nachiketh

hi,
I want to traverse a Hashtable and chek for a key value which is the
least in the entire Hashtable... i am not able to use the iterator()
method on the hashtable... so if someone can please help me by telling
how exactly can i traverse a Hashtable would be of great help... thx
-nachiketh

Jacob Dreyer

Nachiketh said:
I want to traverse a Hashtable and chek for a key value which is the
least in the entire Hashtable... i am not able to use the iterator()
method on the hashtable... so if someone can please help me by telling
how exactly can i traverse a Hashtable would be of great help

Hashtable.keySet().iterator()

David Hilsee

Nachiketh said:
hi,
I want to traverse a Hashtable and chek for a key value which is the
least in the entire Hashtable... i am not able to use the iterator()
method on the hashtable... so if someone can please help me by telling
how exactly can i traverse a Hashtable would be of great help... thx

While you can do this by iterating over the keys, make sure that you aren't
making your life harder by using the wrong container for the job. If you
use TreeMap (optionally synchronized by
Collections.synchronizedSortedMap()), then your entries in the map will be
ordered by their key, and all you have to do is call firstKey() to retrieve
the smallest key.