http://sourceforge.net/projects/pygraphlib/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pynetwork/
https://networkx.lanl.gov/
http://starship.python.net/crew/aaron_watters/kjbuckets/
http://www.python.org/doc/essays/graphs.html
http://yapgvb.sourceforge.net/
http://dkbza.org/pydot.html
http://www.geocities.com/foetsch/mfgraph/index.htm

(Some of them are just explanations, or interfaces with a well known
graph plotting package).
With Google you can probably find 2-4 other libraries...
I think there are so many of them because some people need them, but
there isn't a standard one yet in the built-in library.

Bye,
bearophile

Tamas Nepusz

Istvan said:
Or if you want to be able to handle large graphs efficiently, igraph
might be a good choice:

http://igraph.sourceforge.net/

It's written in pure C, but has a Python interface and according to my
measurements, it's much faster than any other Python graph package. The
Python interface really needs some documentation, though, because now
the only way to figure things out is to call help(igraph.Graph) after
importing the module. (Or read the documentation of the C interface and
hope that the function arguments are the same :))

Ant

Thanks guys. The networkx and igraph packages look to have the sort of
features I want. I'm surprised there's nothing in the standard module
library really.