Tree view questions - Can I have more than one root? Can I de-link the current node?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alan Silver, Nov 6, 2005.

  1. Alan Silver

    Alan Silver Guest

    Hello,

    I am just looking at the tree view control, which looks very good, but
    has some apparent limitations. This could easily be my lack of
    experience with it. Specifically, I have two questions...

    1) I would like to have more than one root for the tree. Although this
    may sound odd, it can be logical in certain cases. For example, I have
    some e-commerce sites where the navigational links are split into two
    sections, one containing general site links (home, shopping basket,
    contact, etc) and one for the product catalogue. This helps separate the
    product pages from the support pages, making it easier for visitors to
    shop.

    I would like to use a tree view control for the product catalogue links.
    I don't want one single root link, I just want the top-level categories
    listed, with subcategories listed below them. Can I do this?

    2) Is it possible to have the current page rendered as plain text, not a
    link? It does not make sense to offer a link to the page they are
    already viewing, and having it as plain text makes it clearer where in
    the tree view they are. I couldn't see any option to render the current
    node as plain text instead of a link. Is there one?

    TIA

    --
    Alan Silver
    Alan Silver, Nov 6, 2005

  2. Are you using the Treeview asp.net 1.1 or 2,0 version?
    Patrick

    Patrick.O.Ige, Nov 7, 2005

  3. Alan Silver

    Alan Silver Guest

    >Are you using the Treeview asp.net 1.1 or 2,0 version?

    2.0, sorry forgot to mention. Actually, I didn't know the control had
    changed between versions!!

    --
    Alan Silver
    Alan Silver, Nov 7, 2005
  4. Alan Silver

    Alan Silver Guest

    Anyone have an answer here? Surely I'm not the only person using this
    control?

    --
    Alan Silver
    Alan Silver, Nov 9, 2005