    data structure, as I have been less than impressed by the core::tree<>
    discussed on gamedev.net

    Adam

    Adam Hartshorne, Feb 18, 2006

  2. Adam Hartshorne

    Daniel T. Guest

    In article <43f67da3$>,
    Adam Hartshorne <> wrote:

    > Can anybody point me in the direction of a decent general purpose tree
    > data structure, as I have been less than impressed by the core::tree<>
    > discussed on gamedev.net

    To do an nary tree, I do:

    std::map< Key, std::vector<Key> >

    Daniel T., Feb 18, 2006

  3. Adam Hartshorne wrote:
    > Can anybody point me in the direction of a decent general purpose tree
    > data structure, as I have been less than impressed by the core::tree<>
    > discussed on gamedev.net

    Have you tried googling for it?

    IIRC, there is a graph library (part of Boost libraries, methinks).
    A tree is a directional acyclic graph.

    Victor Bazarov, Feb 18, 2006
  4. Adam Hartshorne

    Guest

    Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > Adam Hartshorne wrote:
    > > Can anybody point me in the direction of a decent general purpose tree
    > > data structure, as I have been less than impressed by the core::tree<>
    > > discussed on gamedev.net

    > Have you tried googling for it?
    >
    > IIRC, there is a graph library (part of Boost libraries, methinks).
    > A tree is a directional acyclic graph.

    I second that idea.
    You can also take at the 'forest' object at opensource.adobe.com.

    , Feb 18, 2006
  5. Adam Hartshorne

    Guest

    STL Trees are implemented as RED-BLACK Binary Tree.

    Regards,
    www.faqden.com

    , Feb 18, 2006