Treeview and Placeholder side-by-side in a View

Guest

I've got a MultiView with multiple Views.

In one View, I want to display a Treeview on the left side and controls
generated via a Placeholder control on the right side.

If I drag a treeview control into the view it is on the left side. Then I
drag a Placeholder control and it is positioned below the Treeview control.

Why is that?

Since the above didn't work, I drug a Panel into the View and set its
Horizontal Align property to Justified. Once again, the Treeview is on the
left side and the Placeholder is below it on the left side.

Why is that?

I tried dragging a second panel into the View and got absolute positioning
of the control, which I don't think is what I want. In the Source display,
the second panel shows as being in the View, but with absolute positioning,
I'm not sure it would only be displayed when the particular View is active.

Do I need to resort to an IFrame or something to get the desirec behavior?

Guest

The placeholder is positioned below the treeview because treeview uses Table
html elements to render itself and by default table elements don't allow
other elements to be rendered beside them.
No you don't need to resort to iframes. A way to get arround this is to
create a table with two columns and place the treeview on the left column and
the placeholder on the right.
Hope this helps.

Guest

Kostas,

Thanks, that should do it. I was hoping for a more ASP.NET-oriented way to
do it. I try to do as much as possible using the ASP.NET controls. I view
dropping into HTML to be the equivalent of dropping into Assembler while
writing in high level code; you're setting yourself up for trouble sometime
down the road.

Bob

Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
simpler yet: go to your source code, find <asp:TreeView ID="TreeView1" runat="server" />

add in the following css property: style="float:left;"