treeview+checkbox+postback+viewstate

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alex D., Mar 21, 2006.

  1. Alex D.

    Alex D. Guest

    Hi. I have a treeview with some checkboxes and I need to postback every time
    a checkbox is checked or unchecked automatically, so I do this:
    <asp:TreeView onclick="mypostback(event)" ID="TreeView1" runat="server"
    OnTreeNodeCheckChanged="TreeView1_TreeNodeCheckChanged" ShowLines="True"
    ImageSet="Simple" Font-Bold="False" Font-Italic="False" Font-Names="Verdana"
    Font-Size="XX-Small" NodeIndent="40" ToolTip="Click to see full
    description.">

    <LeafNodeStyle ForeColor="#FF8080" BackColor="White" />

    <HoverNodeStyle Font-Bold="True" Font-Size="XX-Small" BackColor="White"
    BorderColor="Black" />

    <SelectedNodeStyle Font-Bold="True" Font-Size="X-Small" />

    <NodeStyle ForeColor="Black" />

    </asp:TreeView>

    Now, I dont really need the viewstate info that sometimes can be very big,
    but if I turn off the viewstate then the TreeView1_TreeNodeCheckChanged wont
    execute. Is there any workaraound for this?

    Thanks,

    Alex.

    Alex D., Mar 21, 2006