    text.

    Any suggestions?

    Sandy

    Sandy, Oct 19, 2003

  2. did you build the dll and copy it to the bin directory
    of the application you're using them in?
    Also, make sure the inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client\1_0
    \treeimages folder exists.

    -Jose

    view

    Jose Gonzalez, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Sandy

    Sandy Guest

    Yes, I did that. I do have two versions of Framework on
    my computer . . . v1.0.3705 and v1.1.4322. My
    applications are under the v1.1.1.4322 when I view the
    Temporary ASP file, thus, I assumed I should put the web
    controls in there. Is that, perhaps, an incorrect version
    for these controls?

    Thanks for your reply!

    Sandy

    Sandy, Oct 21, 2003
  4. well, I haven't tried using the controls on the 1.1
    version of the framework. I'm running the 1.0.3705 version.
    but, I've gotten the single line of text before when the
    webctrl_client directory was not in the wwwroot folder.
    what do you have within your webctrl_client directory?
    mine has a 1_0 directory that contains the following:
    images\
    treeimages\
    MultiPage.htc
    TabStrip.htc
    toolbar.htc
    treeview.htc
    webservice.htc
    webserviced.htc

    Jose Gonzalez, Oct 21, 2003
  5. Hi, I just noticed my aspx file that contains the
    tree control, this attribute is set in the control:
    does yours have this tree control attribute set?
    SystemImagesPath="/webctrl_client/1_0/treeimages/"

    so, the entire line with the tree control looks like:
    <iewc:treeview id="tree"
    SystemImagesPath="/webctrl_client/1_0/treeimages/"
    AutoPostBack="True" runat="server" />

    -Jose

    Jose Gonzalez, Oct 21, 2003
  6. Sandy

    Sandy Guest

    Hi, Jose!

    I can certainly see the logic behind adding
    SystemImagesPath. The book I am studying doesn't have
    that code.

    I have changed my code to read:

    <%@ Import Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="IE"
    Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls"
    Assembly="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" %>
    <form Runat="Server">
    <IE:TreeView id="tree"
    SystemImagesPath="/webctrl_client/1_0/treeimages/"
    Runat="Server">
    <TreeNode
    Text="ASP.NET Books">
    <TreeNode
    Text="ASP.NET Unleashed" />
    <TreeNode
    Text="ASP.NET Tips, Tutorials, and Code" />
    </TreeNode>
    </IE:TreeView>
    </form>

    I am still getting just a straight line. Mine has the
    same files you have listed under the root directory. Any
    other ideas? Does your code differ in any other way?

    Is there something that's supposed to go under TreeNode?

    Thanks again for your response.

    Sandy

    Sandy, Oct 22, 2003
  7. Sandy

    Jose Guest

    Hi Sandy,
    well, I got it to display just the line of text.
    But I've got it working again.
    I ran the build.bat file in C:\Program Files\IE Web
    Controls\
    then I ran the xcopy command:

    xcopy /s /i .\build\Runtime
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client\1_0 /y

    that copied 42 files to the webctrl_client\1_0 directory.
    and I copied the Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll
    to the c:\inetpub\wwwroot\simpletreeview\bin directory.

    I added the reference in my project references to that dll
    in my bin directory.

    and it's working fine.
    have you tried starting over to see if one of these steps
    was missed or didn't work right?

    -Jose
    PS, I tried removing the SystemImagesPath and it works for
    me either way.

    Jose, Oct 24, 2003