TreeView hover sends HTTP Request for image

bryan

I'm working with the Asp.NET TreeView control. I set the
HoverNodeStyle.CssClass to "TreeNodeHover" and set the background image to
url('images/foo.gif'). Using the Fiddler HTTP Debugging Proxy, I notice that
every time I "hover" over a treeView node, it sends a HTTP request for the
image as if it were not preloaded. My understanding is that because I
specified the image in my css file, it would be automatically preloaded. Is
this not the case?