TreeView: How to call client script on node selected?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Antonio, Jan 24, 2007.

  1. Antonio

    Antonio Guest

    Hi,

    I would like to have my TreeNode to call window.close(); without posting
    back, how can I do that? At the same time, I prefer to have a SelectAction
    property that allows my TreeNode to appear as hyperlink with hand-cursor
    when hover.

    For your information, my TreeView control is on a master page. I have done
    some tricks but when clicking the node, it does the post-back and my page
    appears empty with nothing on it except the popup message box confirming to
    close the browser. Below is the code:

    Protected Sub tvwMain_SelectedNodeChanged(ByVal sender As Object, _
    ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles tvwMain.SelectedNodeChanged

    If tvwMain.SelectedValue.ToUpper = "EXIT" Then

    Response.Write("<script language='javascript'
    type='text/javascript'>")
    Response.Write("window.close();")
    Response.Write("</script>")
    End If
    End Sub

    This is not a good solution. Anybody have better solution? Thanks in
    advance.

    Regards,
    Antonio

    Antonio, Jan 24, 2007