Treeview image

enak

I have a treeview on an aspx that I populate from a
database. Each node has one of two images that I assign
depending on the value of a field in the datareader. The
images are a Check or an X and they are .bmp.

When the image is displayed it is too big. How can I set
the size in the image tag since I do not build the tree at
design time?

Thanks
enak

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi,

Is your TreeView web control downloaded and installed from Microsoft web?
And is its reference microsoft.web.ui.webcontrols.treeview?

I think may be you can use some image tools to adjust the size of the image
before use external.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
| From: "enak" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "enak" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Treeview image
| Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 12:07:08 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
|
| I have a treeview on an aspx that I populate from a
| database. Each node has one of two images that I assign
| depending on the value of a field in the datareader. The
| images are a Check or an X and they are .bmp.
|
| When the image is displayed it is too big. How can I set
| the size in the image tag since I do not build the tree at
| design time?
|
| Thanks
| enak

enak

Yes, I am using the Microsoft control. I have used
Photoshop to make the image smaller but the control still
displays the image at the same large size. Also, I make
the image background transparent but it still shows as
white.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your response.

enak

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi Enak,

I am too busy today and I have not installed the TreeView IE Web control
yet.
I will install this control and do some research. Once I have found that
problem, I will reply to you.
Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
| From: "enak" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "enak" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Treeview image
| Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 05:53:16 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
|
| Yes, I am using the Microsoft control. I have used
| Photoshop to make the image smaller but the control still
| displays the image at the same large size. Also, I make
| the image background transparent but it still shows as
| white.
|
| Any suggestions?
|
| Thanks for your response.
|
| enak

| >|
| >| I have a treeview on an aspx that I populate from a
| >| database. Each node has one of two images that I assign
| >| depending on the value of a field in the datareader.
| The
| >| images are a Check or an X and they are .bmp.
| >|
| >| When the image is displayed it is too big. How can I
| set
| >| the size in the image tag since I do not build the tree
| at
| >| design time?
| >|
| >| Thanks
| >| enak
| >|

| >.

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi,

I have installed the IE Web Control, and I found that there is no problem
about using the image.
Which image property do you set?
I set one node's SelectedImageUrl and ExpandedImageUrl both to a big
image(bmp file), then I set another node's SelectedImageUrl and
ExpandedImageUrl both to another bmp image which was scaled more smaller
from the first image.

But in the treeview control, I found that the big image will display big
and the small image will display small just as their actual size.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
| From: "enak" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "enak" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Treeview image
| Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 05:53:16 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
|
| Yes, I am using the Microsoft control. I have used
| Photoshop to make the image smaller but the control still
| displays the image at the same large size. Also, I make
| the image background transparent but it still shows as
| white.
|
| Any suggestions?
|
| Thanks for your response.
|
| enak

| >|
| >| Thanks
| >| enak
| >|

| >.

joycey8

It happens when;

set the imageurl of a node to an image. Build + run project.

Resize original image and then repeat above. It seems that the
treeview has a 'memory' of the original size of the image.