TreeView in 2.0 and RenderControl

zoneboy

I'm doing a somewhat complex page with client side postbacks, and I'm
rendering a control with a TreeView on it in code.

What I've found is that if I embed the control directly and populate
the whole tree, then expand/collapse is done client side with
javascript. If I use RenderControl, the expand button want's to do a
postback, and sniffing the html which is received by the page I see
that child nodes are not included (unless expanded by code explicitly)
even though they are added in the code.

There's also a fair amount of javascript being included on the page
when you add a control directly which is lost with RenderControl.

My question is if it's possible to get the TreeView to render the same
way with RenderControl as it does if you just use it on a page?

I might have to find me another control all together without hacking
too much on the included one .) I've done a render hack already to be
able to place a Menu within each tree node.

Regards,