Treeview JS error when AutoPostBack=True...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Stu, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Stu

    Stu Guest

    Hi,

    I keep getting a Javascript error on the MS Treeview control when
    Autopostback = true. It appears to be coming from a script generated by the
    Treeview at the bottom of the page. The error is Error: Expected ';'

    Has anybody come across this before/know a fix? Can anybody tell me where
    this script is generated from in the siurce files (yup! that one eluded me
    as well....).

    <script language="javascript">
    <!--
    function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) {
    var theform;
    if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase().indexOf("netscape") > -1) {
    theform = document.forms["Layout3:_ctl0"];
    }
    else { //************************ Error on this line... theform =
    document.Layout3:_ctl0;
    }
    theform.__EVENTTARGET.value = eventTarget.split("$").join(":");
    theform.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = eventArgument;
    theform.submit();
    }
    // -->
    </script>