TreeView Menu with XML Question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Feb 15, 2005.

  1. I use a TreeView WebControl Menu which i installed from microsoft.
    But the TreeView XML that can be loaded with the Webcontrol is very
    specific.For example (The root as to be TREENODES!!):-
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <TREENODES>
    <TreeNode Text="Contracts">
    <TreeNode Text="Contract Pads" NavigateUrl="a.aspx"
    target="_blank"/>
    <TreeNode Text="Points Deduction Report" NavigateUrl="a.aspx"
    target="_blank"/>
    <TreeNode Text="" NavigateUrl="a.aspx" target=""/>
    <TreeNode Text="" NavigateUrl="a.aspx" target=""/>
    </TreeNode>
    </TREENODES>

    My main problem here is how to maintain it which means how to add
    ,delete and update Nodes on the fly!
    Presently i have different XMl files which i load for different pages.
    But my plan is to have 1 xml file and be able to Query that one file and
    display the data to different pages as a Menu.
    So that maintainance would be easier..
    Any ideas???

    Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Feb 15, 2005