Treeview node expand/collapse causing IE crash

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Anirudha24.d, Nov 21, 2012.

  1. Anirudha24.d

    Anirudha24.d

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2011
    Messages:
    3
    Hi ,
    I am using VB.NET with 3.5. In my application, I am using Treeview control .
    In the user control , I have added Treeview.

    My treeview control contain 1200 nodes including parent/child node. I am binding these nodes in code behind (ascx.vb) from

    database.
    In IE9,when compatibility view is OFF,when I tried to expand/collapse parent tree node having 550 child tree nodes,

    I got error/exception "Internet Explorer has stopped working" and closes Browser.
    This exception is logged in Event viewer

    windows logs,something like this "Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 9.0.8112.16447, time stamp: 0x4fc9cd53"
    When

    compatibility mode is ON, it is working fine. This issue is not with Mozilla firefox.

    This is urgent. Thanks in advance.

    Thanks And Regards,
    Anirudha Deshpande
    Anirudha24.d, Nov 21, 2012