    large # of nodes???

    Thanks in advance,
    BGib

    BGib, Feb 23, 2005

  2. Hi,

    My only suggestion is: either use the control to display smaller number of
    nodes (realistically speaking - how often would a user need an instant
    access to anyone of these nodes and at the same time require the other
    4999?)

    This is a limitation of the design of the control it self. JavaScript is an
    interprited language and hence *EXTREMELY* slow to do large operations like
    that. I have not looked at ASP.NET 2 (yet) but i have heard stories that
    TreeView control is oficially shipped by MS in .NET 2, but i doub't this
    will solve the problem.

    The only way that i see you being able to "display" 5000 nodes and still
    maintain some sort of rendering performace, is to render nodes on-request.
    This approach will require you to reimplement the control (or possibly find
    a 3rd party version that does it). Basically there's a new technique called
    Ajax which enables part of the page to reload without entire page being
    posted back, google being the pioneer of this technique with their gmail
    and google maps services. But now i'm getting off the topic.

    HTH
    Nick Goloborodko

    Nick Goloborodko, Feb 24, 2005

  3. BGib

    BGib Guest

    Hello,
    I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question. Your
    correct about the user not needing instant access to node 1 and node 4999
    together. With that said, I still need a way to display node 4999. I'll
    be looking into the partial page reload idea.

    Take Care,
    Bill

    BGib, Feb 24, 2005
  4. BGib