TreeView permission problem;Where do I need to have access??

Manfred Braun

Hi All,

my treeview worked perfectly until I disabled anonymous access. After that,
I get:

[XmlException: There is invalid data at the root level. Line 1, position 1.]

But this is surely a permission problem and I do not know at which places I
have to look for. All other ASPX pages are working properly and if I enable
anonymous access, the tree works!

Any help, hints, tips and/or pointer to further information are really very
welcomed!!!

Best regards,
Manfred Braun

(Private)
Mannheim
Germany

mailto:[email protected]
(Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)

Teemu Keiski

Where do you get the data for the Treeview? XML File or StringWriter? Is the
XML valid for sure?

There could be problem with StringWriter as it outputs the XML as UTF-16
encoded despite what it really is (UTF-8 say in the doc and resulted from
transformation). But still it works on most occasions.
See: http://weblogs.asp.net/rosherove/posts/8685.aspx

If that doesn't help or you use file as source,you could try using some
other methodology or try modifying <globalization>element in web.config as
I've adviced on following thread at ASP.NET Forums:
http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=271849

--
Teemu Keiski
MCP,Designer/Developer

AspInsiders Member, www.aspinsiders.com
ASP.NET Forums Moderator, www.asp.net

Manfred Braun

Hi All,

I "found" my problem:The path to the xml-files has to be absolute!!!! Very
ugly:I have never done this, all - and I have several - treeviews are
working with only the plain filename, while the application is in the same
directory. That is not the case for my new web, don't really know why
.......More ugly:I used Sysinternal's "FileMon", but it shows, that ASP is
openening the existing file and then give me the error [invalid data at line
0].

Don't know, why I started to try the full filename ;-)
but it helped!!

Best regards,
Manfred

Manfred Braun said:
Hi !!

As I wrote in my initial messages, my XML/XSL are working, everything is
working, until I enable authorization, anyway, which account I use.

Thanks!
Manfred