TreeView Postback

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Wannabe, Jun 25, 2008.

  1. Wannabe

    Wannabe Guest

    I have a treeview setup on my page. In case it is relevant, it is set in an
    accordion, which is inside an update panel. When I click the treeview node, a
    page loads on the right side of my browser as it should. When I click the
    same node, the right side of my browser goes blank. I do not want it to go
    blank if the user clicks the same node. I would like it to not change. At
    this point, I do not know how it is happening. Is there a property I can set
    to keep this from happening? Can someone explain this to me? Thank you.

    Below is the markup and the event that is run on first click:
    <asp:UpdatePanel ID="upMain" runat="server">
    <ContentTemplate>
    <ajaxToolkit:Accordion ID="AccordionHome" runat="server"
    ContentCssClass="accordionContent" FadeTransitions="true"
    FramesPerSecond="40" HeaderCssClass="accordionHeader"
    RequireOpenedPane="false" SelectedIndex="9" SuppressHeaderPostbacks="true"
    TransitionDuration="40" Width="275px" AutoSize="None">
    <Panes>
    <ajaxToolkit:AccordionPane ID="apAccountSetup" runat="server"
    ToolTip="Click to Expand / Collapse">
    <Header>
    <a class="accordionLink" href=""> 1A Account Setup</a>
    </Header>
    <Content>
    <asp:ImageButton ID="btnNoteClient" runat="server"
    ImageUrl="Images/Accordion/notes.gif" ImageAlign="Right"
    CausesValidation="False" CommandName="Note" CommandArgument="Client"
    ToolTip="Development Notes" OnClick="btnNoteClient_Click" />
    <asp:TreeView ID="tvAccountSetup" runat="server"
    SelectedNodeStyle-BackColor="Yellow" Font-Size="10pt" Font-Bold="True"
    NodeStyle-HorizontalPadding="5px"
    OnSelectedNodeChanged="tvAccountSetup_SelectedNodeChanged">
    <Nodes>
    <asp:TreeNode Value="Insights" Text="Insights"
    ImageUrl="Images/Accordion/lightbulb.gif" />
    <asp:TreeNode Value="ClientProfile" Text="Airline Profile"
    ImageUrl="Images/Accordion/icon_left.gif" />
    <asp:TreeNode Value="ClientBase" Text="Primary Program Currency"
    ImageUrl="Images/Accordion/icon_left.gif" />
    <asp:TreeNode Value="Help" Text="Help"
    ImageUrl="Images/Accordion/qmark.gif" />
    </Nodes>
    </asp:TreeView>
    </Content>
    </ajaxToolkit:AccordionPane>
    </Panes>
    </ajaxToolkit:Accordion>
    </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>

    protected void tvAccountSetup_SelectedNodeChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    //In case the page cannot be found, with this code in a try catch, it will
    not error.
    try
    {
    PlaceHolder1.Controls.Clear();

    //Return the ID of the treeview. This will correspond to
    //the folder the user control is located under.
    //all tree views on the default page use the same two-
    //character prefix naming convention.
    Control c = Page.LoadControl(@"UserControls\" +
    tvAccountSetup.ID.Substring(2) + @"\" + tvAccountSetup.SelectedValue +
    ".ascx");