Treeview (Really basic)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by JayC, Sep 13, 2006.

  1. JayC

    JayC Guest

    hello all,
    New programmer to the .net world.

    I am working with VS.net 2005 using VB.

    So here goes.
    I am trying to figure out how the treeview control works from a programming
    perspective. I know how to populate it manually with the control properties.
    my question revolves around the use of the Node method creating Root-parent
    and the children of the parent.
    for example
    Country (Root)
    US (parent)
    States (Child)
    Ohio (Sub child)
    cities
    Akron
    cleveland
    NY
    Cities
    Hamburg

    in sudo code.
    Sub
    Create the tree object.
    go to the root node and populate it.
    if root is expanded create the parents
    if a parent is expanded create the appropriate children
    Endsub

    Most of my questions revolve around understanding how to traverse the nodes.

    thanks for anyones or everyones help
    JayC
    New to the .net world.

    JayC, Sep 13, 2006