    Thanks in advance.
    Hitesh

    , Oct 30, 2003

  2. Alvin Bruney Guest

    Basically, no. The treeview isn't designed to hold that much data. Every
    post will cause problems until the application crashes. You need to limit
    the number of nodes beind displayed to around 30 - 40 otherwise use another
    control

    --

    -----------
    Got TidBits?

    Alvin Bruney, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Adam Carden Guest

    That is no in fact the problem, I also had the same problem and went
    looking for answers and found it.

    The crux is this, the .htc control which comprises the treeview uses
    javascript to load the images. IE would normally load 20 of the same
    image once, however the tree view loads it (gets it from the server) for
    each time it is declared including the node lines. So if you have 40
    nodes with will try to download 120 images from the webserver.

    If your IE (Tool/Internet Options) check for newer versions of stored
    pages is set to every visit to the page IE will do what the treeview
    wants and load those images roughly 140 times which causes IE to crash.

    If you change your chache setting to automatically this does not happen
    your treeview should work with at least 200 nodes (the amount I am
    currently running)

    The problem is you do not know what your users cache settings and nor
    can you change them.

    The only answer would be to modify the treeviews .htc behavior to
    preload the image and make all images reference it.

    Adam Carden, Oct 30, 2003