treeview server events

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Sandra Castellanos, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. Hi people,

    I am using the treeview from the namespace Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls and
    I need it to trigger a server event when I click on a node but not when I
    expand or collapse. Here I have found several problems I could use some help
    to deal with:

    - I only set the event onselectedindexchanged to a value, but it still goes
    to the server when I expand or collapse and sometimes it gets stuck there, I
    don't know why :'(
    - My home page shows the tree but none of the items is selected at the
    beginning, the home page has some welcome messages and stuff.... However,
    the first item appears selected. So if I click on it, nothing happens,
    because the selected index isn't changing :'( :'( :'( :'(
    - The onselectedindexchange event only returns the index of the node I
    clicked on, not the id not the text. But it's no use to me, I need the ID I
    assigned to it, and I need to know who it's parent and its grandparent and
    so on are in order to build a cannonical path I have to show on top of the
    page... The way I'm dealing with it right now isn't very good in terms of
    performance, I'm building a HashTable mapping the indexes in the treeview to
    my ID and storing it in the viewstate....

    Please please if you know how to deal with these issues let me know

    Regards,

    Sandra
    Sandra Castellanos, Jan 28, 2004