Treeview web control behaves funny

Spyros Sakellariadis

I have a treeview web control, from the ie web controls download. Works great, except one odd display. If the client is Windows 2003, everything is perfect. If the client is Windows XP (IE = 6.0 too), works great except one thing: when the control first loads, the text at the root of the tree is blurry. Like black and red text slightly offset, and grey over the top. If I then select another node, everything looks fine (root is at normal Default Style), and if I go back and select the root, it shows up as the normal Selected style. Any ideas about what is going on? Thanks!

Spyros Sakellariadis

To add to my earlier post. If I put in page_load a command like TreeView1.SelectedNodeIndex() = "2", when the page loads the 3rd node has the crappy text instead of the 1st node. As before, once I start using the tree, by clicking around, everything looks fine. It's just that first load, and only on a Windows XP client. Any thoughts on how I can get rid of this deployment blocker? I'd be happy to put some code in page_load that manipulates the style or something, but nothing seems to help... yet! Love to hear your suggestions..