TreeView with SiteMap and cookieless sessions

Guest

My website uses a TreeView control, linked to the web.sitemap for navigation.

I'm also using cookieless Sessions.

Even though I'm storing relative paths in my Sitemap, the tree view is
converting these to absolute paths. Therefore, everytime the user clicks on
the tree, an absolute path is generated causing a new session to be started.

I've got around this for now by handling the TreeView's DataBound event and
converting each node's navigation url back to relative.

Am I missing something, is this a bug or is it by some strange design?

Regards,
Dave.