Triangular Matrix2

Je-Givara

this is new mapping function needed for following
a11 a12 a13 .... a1n
0 a22 a23 .... a2n
0 0 a33 .... a3n
. .
0 0 0 .... ann
for example if we have n=5 : then the map like:
a1,1 a1,2 a1,3 a1,4 a1,5
0 a2,2 a2,3 a2,4 a2,5
0 0 a3,3 a3,4 a3,5
0 0 0 a4,4 a4,5
0 0 0 0 a5,5
so, kindly what the Mapping Function for this matrix in order to
represent it using
Single1 dimension Array, in which zero "0" element will not have
representation.

Eric Sosman

Je-Givara wrote On 10/31/06 15:29,:
this is new mapping function needed for following
a11 a12 a13 .... a1n
0 a22 a23 .... a2n
0 0 a33 .... a3n
. .
0 0 0 .... ann
for example if we have n=5 : then the map like:
a1,1 a1,2 a1,3 a1,4 a1,5
0 a2,2 a2,3 a2,4 a2,5
0 0 a3,3 a3,4 a3,5
0 0 0 a4,4 a4,5
0 0 0 0 a5,5
so, kindly what the Mapping Function for this matrix in order to
represent it using
Single1 dimension Array, in which zero "0" element will not have
representation.

Je-Givara, I'm not going to answer this one (and I hope
no one else will, either). For one thing, it's not really a
question about the C language or how to use it; the answer
would be equally applicable in BASIC or Fortran or Pascal or
any other programming language that supports arrays. The
only C-related issue I can spot is the fact that C arrays
start at index [0] (which is not a universal practice among
programming languages), and this introduces a small amount
of confusion that needs to be ironed out when you implement
the mapping in C.

The second reason I decline to answer is that you have
already been given two fully-worked solutions to a related
but more complicated problem. If you have studied those
solutions and understood them, solving this problem ought to
be child's play. But if you've studied them and been unable
to understand you need more help than Usenet can give, and
if you haven't even bothered to study ... well, I'm too lazy
to waste time on lazy people.

question, and apply the methods explained there to solve
this simpler one. GO!

Je-Givara

(e-mail address removed)

Sorry MR Eric.
i'm not playing, and i never waste my time on Internet, due to i pay a
lot
of money to work, and second reasone i'm a student, i don't have a lot
of time to waste it to play at all.
i just want to get this formola as in real world
i tray some of anothers matrix and i get somehow soluations for them
but some of them i never get them like one's i asked in previous.

kindly Mr: Eric if u know how to get the formula in general
not in c program, please show me!

P.S: some of the soluted Matrix which i found formula i can send it to
you
if u want to see my work.

Flash Gordon

Je-Givara said:

Sorry MR Eric.
i'm not playing, and i never waste my time on Internet,

Yes you do, and you waste other peoples time whilst you are about it.
> due to i pay a
lot
of money to work, and second reasone i'm a student, i don't have a lot
of time to waste it to play at all.

A lot of us are here are paid to work and don't have a lot of time to
waste either because our jobs keep us too busy.

kindly Mr: Eric if u know how to get the formula in general
not in c program, please show me!

I believe that Eric has already explained why he is not going to.
Further more, as a student, it is important that you learn how to do
your work, otherwise you are wasting your time and money and your
instructors time. That is why you are set problem to solve.

Of course, if there are parts of the explanations to your previous
similar problem that you did not understand and you ask for further
clarification on those points then people might provide it.

In addition, this is comp.lang.c so if what you want help with is not C
(which seems to be the case as you are asking for "the formula in
general not in c program") then you are in completely the wrong place
anyway.

Je-Givara

at last i found the formula of this kind of matrix
and in general when u use manually u get the correct answer

this is the answer:
Arry (R,C) = {(R-1)(2n-R+2)/2} + {C-R+1}

i take it for n=5 and i found the row & column major address of this
representating 1 dimension Array
i hope sombody find my for the first MAP function.
with respect to group memberships.